Dr. Rodney L Thompson M.D.
Family Practitioner112 Columbia St. Pob 1010 Sumas WA, 98295
Dr. Rodney Thompson is a family practitioner practicing in Sumas, WA. Dr. Thompson specializes in comprehensive health care for people of all ages. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, family practitioners also put focus on preventative care with routine checkups, tests and personalized coaching on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Thompson possesses immense general knowledge on maintaining health and today, family practitioners provide more care for the underserved and rural populations than any other medical specialty.
Education and Training
Loma Linda University School of Medicine 1995
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
- High Cholesterol
- Interstitial Cystitis
- Vascular Disease
- MemberCHRISTIAN MEDICAL & DENTAL SOCIETY
- Member AMERICAN ACADEMY OF FAMILY PRACTICE
- Uams-Area Hlth Educ Ctrs, Family Medicine
- University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences Affiliated Hospitals 1995
Dr. Rodney L Thompson M.D.'s Practice location
Sumas, WA 98295Get Direction
Dr. Rodney L Thompson M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Thompson
- What Could Happen if My Pneumonia Remains Untreated?
There are several types of pneumonia that vary in their degree of seriousness. Pneumonia caused by a viral infection can make people feel very sick with fever, cough, and tiredness. However, viral pneumonia tends to go away on its own after some time. A "walking pneumonia" is a mild case of...
- The Main Causes of Lower Back Pain
Brief AnatomyThe back is composed of layers of muscles that hold the spinal column in place. It is involved in moving, twisting, and bending, which is why the back is prone to muscle strain.The spinal column is made up of vertebrae that are divided into five regions. The spinal column provides...
- Lyme Disease: Making a Diagnosis
Lyme disease is an infectious disease caused by four different species of bacteria. In Europe and Asia, it spreads through Borrelia afzelii and Borrelia garinii, while in the USA, it spreads through Borrelia burgdorferi and Borrelia mayonii. The disease is transmitted to humans via a common...
- What Is Hib Meningitis?
Hib meningitis is an infectious disease that is life-threatening. The disease is characterized by inflammation of the surrounding layers of the spinal cord and the brain. The meninges are layers that assist in protecting the brain from infection and injury. Children who are below 4 years old are the...
- What Is Ferrous Sulfate?
Ferrous sulfate is an essential mineral and a type of iron used for the treatment of iron deficiency anemia (IDA). When a person lacks iron, symptoms such as tiredness, shortness of breath, and decreased physical performance may be experienced. Low levels of iron in the body can be treated by...
- Can You Contract Cholera Through Other Means Besides Water?
Can You Contract Cholera Through Other Means Besides Water?Cholera is an infection that causes thousands of deaths around the world every year. The biggest challenge posed by cholera is that it is difficult to control and treat at the same time. The infection spreads very fast affecting a huge...
- Dr. Jonathan W Grymaloski M.D.6884 Hannegan Rd Everson WA 98247
- Dr. Margaret A Jacobson MD3015 Squalicum Pkwy Bellingham WA 98225
- Dr. Ann M Knowles M.D.3015 Squalicum Pkwy Bellingham WA 98225
- Dr. Robin W. Caldwell MD1610 Grover St Lynden WA 98264
- Dr. April K Wakefield pagels MD2075 Barkley Blvd Bellingham WA 98226
- Dr. Stephen Harry Herdman MD3015 Squalicum Pkwy Bellingham WA 98225