Dr. Thomas R Hellmich MD
Emergency Physician (Pediatric) | Pediatric Emergency Medicine200 1st St SW Rochester MN, 55905
Dr. Thomas Hellmich is a pediatric emergency medicine physician practicing in Rochester, MN. Dr. Hellmich specializes in providing care for critically ill and injured children. Pediatric Emergency Medicine Physicians possess a vast amount of knowledge in areas such as neonatology, critical care and forensic pediatrics. Children involved in automobile accidents, child abuse or near-drowning episodes are frequent cases treated by pediatric emergency medicine physicians.
Education and Training
In Univ Sch of Med, Indianapolis In 1984
Indiana University School of Medicine 1984
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Pediatric Emergency Medicine
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Diagnostic value of anemia, red blood cell morphology, and reticulocyte count for
- PhotoExam: adoption of an iOS-based clinical image capture application at Mayo Clinic.
- R-EME: RTLS-event mapping engine applications in emergency medicine.
- Physician, Interrupted: Workflow Interruptions and Patient Care in the Emergency Department.
- Mpls.St.Paul Super Doctors 2012
- Ear Infection
- Member Minnesota Medical Association/Zumbro Valley
- Fellow - Pediatric Emergency Medicine: Children's Hospital of Wisconsin, Medical College of Wisconsin
Dr. Thomas R Hellmich MD's Practice location
Rochester, MN 55905Get Direction
Saint Paul, MN 55102Get Direction
- Cystic Fibrosis Stories: Stronger Because of their Scars
Scars are a fact of life for those suffering from Cystic Fibrosis (CF). From ports to transplants and pacemakers, most people with CF have at least one scar. Not to mention, the dark circles under their eyes from exhaustion and fatigue. Living with CF is tough; it can be draining both mentally and...
- What You Need to Know About Liposuction
What is it?Liposuction is a cosmetic surgery done to remove the excess fat in specific areas of the body. It is a common and well known surgery which had been done throughout the world for decades.This surgery can be done in both males and females. Liposuction removes excess fat over the thighs,...
- Can Certain Lifestyle Choices Influence the Symptoms of Multiple Sclerosis?
Multiple sclerosis (MS) is an illness that affects the body’s nervous system and whose cure has yet to be found. MS is characterized by varying signs and symptoms depending on which part of the nervous system is affected. The main and most common signs and symptoms observable in most patients...
- Treatment for Meningitis
The severity of meningitis varies from one person to another. In common cases, medications can help solve the problem and the person may recover within 1 to 3 weeks. But in cases where there is a risk of the infection spreading to the meninges, hospitalization and other confirmation tests might be...
- Is Meningitis Contagious?
Caused by bacteria and viruses, meningitis is an inflammation (swelling) of the protective membranes covering the brain and spinal cord known as the meninges. The inflammation is usually caused by an infection of the fluid surrounding the brain and spinal cord. It can develop as a result of injury,...
- The Value of Clinical Intuition: Kids also Experience Drug Side Effects
Clinical intuition is difficult to describe. Personally, it is the art of integrating nonverbal information that a patient presents in order to reach a diagnosis, reducing the need for diagnostic testing. This is especially important in children who often react differently to procedures, tests and...