Richard Vance Barnes, MD, is a leading psychiatrist currently serving patients at the Center4 Stress Reduction in Tucson, Arizona. His center offers traditional and alternative treatments for anxiety and depression. Throughout his twenty years of practice, he has accrued extensive expertise in depression, anxiety disorders, and general psychiatry. After earning his medical degree in 1993 at Hahnemann University School of Medicine, Dr. Barnes completed his residency at Albany Medical Center. He is board-certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology.
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- Septic tanks and septic tank problems.
- The effect of vasodilator drugs on the noradrenaline constrictor response in the isolated mesenteric artery.
- Effect of acetate administration on blood lipids.
- Familial hyperuricemia and renal disease.
- Clinical benchmarking improves clinical paths: experience with coronary artery bypass grafting.
- Letter: Transaminase levels in azotemia.
- Albany Medical Center
Professional Society Memberships
- American Psychological Association
What do you attribute your success to?
- Works with the patients so they can be involved with their treatment
Dr. Richard Vance Barnes M.D.'s Practice location
Tucson, AZ 85705Get Direction
Tucson, Arizona 85716Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Richard Vance Barnes M.D. | Psychiatrist | Psychiatry
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Richard Vance Barnes M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Barnes
- How Is Insomnia Diagnosed?
Insomnia is the inability to sleep that people of all ages can experience. It may be caused by a wide range of factors including physical discomfort or psychological problems. There is a direct relationship between insomnia and psychosocial factors. Factors such as increased age, conflicts with...
- Understanding Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (RRMS)
Most patients who are diagnosed with multiple sclerosis usually fall under the category of having RRMS. In most patients, relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis in the course of the disease changes after several decades and usually becomes worse, and the patient’s diagnosis is likely to progress...
- What Is an Auditory Hallucination?
Auditory hallucinations are false perceptions of sound in the absence of an external stimulus. You basically hear voices talking to you or other noises or music, which others around you do not hear. It is a very common symptom among schizophrenics. As a percentage, about 70 percent of schizophrenic...
- Treatment Options for Depression and Anxiety
Anxiety and depression are similar conditions that develop when neurotransmitters, like serotonin, are not as effective. Low serotonin levels, as well as dopamine and epinephrine levels, play an important role in the development of both anxiety and depression. Since both conditions affect the same...
- What Is Vistaril Used For?
What is Vistaril (hydroxyzine)?Vistaril is a medication used to reduce central nervous system activity. It is an antihistamine drug that can help reduce the effects of histamine in the body and relieve symptoms of allergy, such as histamine-induced itch, hives, and contact dermatitis.Vistaril is...
- What Is a Sociopath? Definition, Characteristics, and Treatment
A sociopath is an individual who has a personality disorder, which is characterized by antisocial, deceitful, and manipulative tendencies. Sociopaths also lack empathy and usually have a hard time forming relationships. Most of the time they are irresponsible, and in worst cases, do not have a...
- Dr. Georg A. Hishaw M.D.1501 North Campbell Avenue Tucson Arizona 85724
- Mr. Kevin Goeta-Kreisler MD6408 East Tanque Verde Road Tucson Arizona 85715
- Dr. Rainier Diaz M.D.2695 N Craycroft Rd. Tucson Arizona 85712
- Dr. Tejaskumar B Patel MD6650 N ORACLE RD TUCSON AZ 85704
- Dr. Frederick Stuart Mittleman M.D.127 S 5th Ave Tucson AZ 85701
- Dr. Kisani Bersbach Ogwaro M.D.619 19th St S Birmingham AL 35249