Dr. Stephen Hightower MD
Geriatrician | Geriatric Medicine4005 High Resort Blvd Se Pmg High Resort 4005 Rio Rancho NM, 87124
Dr. Stephen Hightower practices Geriatric Medicine in Rio Rancho, NM. Geriatricians prevent, manage, and develop care plans that address the special health problems of the elderly. Dr. Hightower works as part of a team with other healthcare providers, to address the natural aging that goes on within the body and to manage multiple medical problems and ensure social support.
Education and Training
Univ of Nm Sch of Med, Albuquerque Nm 1982
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Geriatric Medicine
- Good Samaritan Reg Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
Dr. Stephen Hightower MD's Practice location
Rio Rancho, NM 87124Get Direction
Dr. Stephen Hightower MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Hightower
- The Most Common Misconceptions About Parkinson's Disease
What is Parkinson’s disease?Parkinson’s disease is known to affect the nerve cells, which produce the brain chemical called dopamine. It is a progressive disorder of the central nervous system, which can affect movements of the body. This disease gradually develops, wherein there is hardly any...
- How Is Osteoporosis Treated?
The best treatment of osteoporosis is its prevention. However, once the disease has already affected you and weakened your healthy bones, it is necessary to treat it in order to prevent a further progression of the disease as well as its complications. The most well-known complications of...
- Aricept for Alzheimer's Disease: Side Effects and Usage
Generic Name: DonepezilBrand Names: Aricept, Aricept ODTWhat is Aricept?Aricept (donepezil) is a medication used for the treatment of mild to moderate dementia due to Alzheimer's disease. This medication improves nerve function in the brain and works by preventing the breakdown of acetylcholine,...
- Michael J. Fox's Impact on Parkinson’s Disease
Michael J. FoxMichael J. Fox, born as Michael Andrew Fox in 1961, is a Canadian-born actor, who received his breakthrough in Family Ties, an American sitcom. He consecutively received three Emmy awards as lead actor in this comedy series. He was the lead character in the adventure comedy film, Back...
- Diagnosis of Osteoporosis
It is important to get a diagnosis for osteoporosis as soon as you experience any of the symptoms associated with the condition. One should not prolong a visit with a doctor because the sooner the diagnosis, the sooner the individual will receive treatment.About 80% of your bone density is...
- Can Alzheimer’s Affect You Suddenly?
What is Alzheimer’s disease?Alzheimer's disease is an irreversible and progressive brain disorder, wherein the connections between the nerve cells or neurons are lost and ultimately die. It is also one of the most common causes of dementia that causes loss of intellectual and social skills. As the...
- Jeremiah Kelly4432 Avenida Del Sol Northeast Albuquerque New Mexico 87110
- Dr. Kirsten Victoria Silvey M.D.1 University Of New Mexico Albuquerque NM 87131
- Dr. Mahmood R Zamanian MD8210 Louisiana Blvd. Ne Albuquerque NM 87113
- Dr. Dane K Wicks MD8210 Louisiana Blvd Ne Albuquerque NM 87113
- Dr. Joseph Mario Lovato MD8210 Louisiana Blvd Ne Albuquerque NM 87113
- Dr. David L Hemphill MD1101 Medical Arts Ne Albuquerque NM 87102