Ivor Barry Kaplan MD
Plastic Surgeon400 West Brambleton Avenue Suite 103 Norfolk VA, 23510
Dr. Ivor Kaplan is a cosmetic medicine and surgery specialist practicing in Norfolk, VA. Dr. Kaplan specializes in the enhancement of appearance. Improving aesthetic, symmetry and proportion are key goals in cosmetic surgery. Cosmetic medicine has nothing to do with these specific areas not functioning properly; therefore, this elective field solely focuses on aesthetics and anti-aging.
Education and Training
University of the Witwatersrand in Johannesburg M.D. 1973
Plastic SurgeryAmerican Board of Plastic SurgeryABPS
- The compound sternal flap for laryngeal reconstruction.
- Biological activities of human interferon and 2'-5' oligoadenylates in plants.
- [ON THE DIAGNOSIS OF EPIDURAL AND SUBDURAL HEMORRHAGES IN ACUTE CLOSED CEREBRO-CRANIAL TRAUMA].
- Production of the tobacco mosaic virus (TMV) transport protein in transgenic plants is essential but insufficient for complementing foreign virus transport: a need for the full-length TMV genome or some other TMV-encoded product.
- A study of TMV ts mutant Ni2519. I. Complementation experiments.
- A study of TMV ts mutant Ni2519. II. Temperature-sensitive behavior of Ni2519 RNA upon reassembly.
- A study of TMV ts mutant Ni2519. III. Location of the reconstitution initiation sites on Ni2519 RNA.
- Plant virus-specific transport function. I. Virus genetic control required for systemic spread.
- Use of a reverse cross-finger flap as a vascularized vein graft carrier in ring avulsion injuries.
- Subcellular localization and self-interaction of plant-specific Nt-4/1 protein.
- Inhibitory Effect of Polyethylene Oxide and Polypropylene Oxide Triblock Copolymers on Aggregation and Fusion of Atherogenic Low Density Lipoproteins.
- [Effect of human interferon and (2'-5')oligoadenylates on protein synthesis in plant tissues].
- [Effect of human interferon on the reproduction of plant and myxoviruses].
- [The clinical picture of diskogenic ischemic strokes in the bassin of the inferior accessory radiculo-medullary (Desproges-Gotteron)].
- [Tropacin in the treatment of patients with chronic gastritis].
- [The use of a lytic mixture and Tropacin in the treatment of patients with tetanus].
- [Clinical course and health resort treatment of coccygodynia].
- [Clinical course and health resort treatment of coccygodynia].
- [Suppression of potato virus reproduction as affected by human interferon].
- [Amplitude and duration of Achilles tendon reflex in patients with radicular syndromes in lumbar osteochondrosis and its changes after health resort treatment].
- Pectoralis major myocutaneous island flap revisited: a sentinel vessel simplifying dissection.
- [Location of the reconstitution initiation sites of TMV Ni2519 RNA].
- [Effect of overall treatment including mud collars on the retinal and intraocular pressure in cervical osteochondrosis].
- Complementation of virus movement in transgenic tobacco expressing the cucumber
- The lateral arm flap for elbow coverage.
- Reduction of tobacco mosaic virus accumulation in transgenic plants producing non-functional viral transport proteins.
- Characterization of cucumber mosaic virus. II. Identification of movement protein sequences that influence its accumulation and systemic infection in tobacco.
- Characterization of cucumber mosaic virus. III. Localization of sequences in the movement protein controlling systemic infection in cucurbits.
- Characterization of cucumber mosaic virus. V. Cell-to-cell movement requires capsid protein but not virions.
- Characterization of cucumber mosaic virus. VI. Generation of deletions in defective RNA 3s during passage in transgenic tobacco expressing the 3a gene.
- Eyelid Surgery
- Brow Lift
- Facial Peel
- Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Ear Surgery
- Tummy Tuck
- Thigh Lift
- Breast Augmentation
- Breast Lift
- Breast Reduction
- Breast Reconstruction
- Breast Mastopexy
- Fat Grafting
- Professional Member American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Temple University Medical Center in Philadelphia General Surgery
- Eastern Virginia Medical School in Norfolk Plastic Surgery
Ivor Barry Kaplan MD's Practice location
Norfolk, VA 23510Get Direction
Virginia Beach, VA 23451Get Direction
Ivor Barry Kaplan MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Kaplan
- Gynecomastia- the Surgery for Man Boobs
What is Gynecomastia?If you are a male and if you have breast development, it is called as gynecomastia. This is a result of an imbalance in the hormones, estrogen and testosterone. Gynecomastia can affect either one or both breasts. Males going through puberty and elderly people can develop...
- Everything You Need to Know About Breast Augmentation
What is breast augmentation?Breast augmentation is a surgery that restores or increases breast volume using saline implants, silicone gel or fat transfer.Augmentation mammoplasty is another term for breast augmentation.Breast augmentation will:...
- What is a Neck Lift?
The neck often ages at a more rapid rate, compared to the face. Moreover, the neck is a very delicate area, and if you put on any extra pounds, fat tends to store there. Although you may have put in the effort to lose any extra weight you may have gained, the neck is the last part of the body that...
- 5 Tips on Living with Varicose Veins
Varicose veins are bothersome and uncomfortable. Apart from being unattractive, varicose veins are associated with both physical and mental pain. High temperatures during the summer call for relaxed clothing, and varicose veins can prevent someone from living their life happily. Because age is one...
- How to Recover After Plastic Surgery
Introduction to RecoveryRecovering from plastic surgery is not a simple task, and one is urged to ensure that they take care of their bodies, especially the area that underwent the procedure. Though plastic surgery procedures are usually simple in nature, it is paramount that you don’t take the...
- Is a Tummy Tuck a Good Idea?
Tummy tucks, or abdominoplasty, are a very popular option for many who have tried to drop those sagging excess skin on the abdomen. For some, the fat deposits on the skin is an inherited condition. For some others the skin become flaccid with a sudden weight loss leading to odd looks. Abdominoplasty...
- Dr. Michael J Denk M.D.,F.A.C.S1037 First Colonial Rd Virginia Beach VA 23454
- Dr. Daniel W Karakla MD600 Gresham Dr Norfolk VA 23507
- Dr. Lawrence B Colen M.D.6161 Kempsville Cir Norfolk VA 23502
- Dr. Tad Edward Grenga MD5818 Harbour View Blvd Suffolk VA 23435
- Dr. William Preston Magee DDS, MD400 W Brambleton Ave Norfolk VA 23510
- Dr. Richard Scott Rosenblum MD400 West Brambleton Avenue Norfolk VA 23510