Dr. Jill L Liesveld MD
Adolescent Psychiatrist | Child & Adolescent Psychiatry200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA, 52242
Dr. Jill Liesveld practices Child & Adolescent Psychiatry in Iowa City, IA. Dr. Liesveld evaluates patients throughout childhood and adolescence using many different procedures, in order to determine what treatments must be carried out in order to properly assess their symptoms. Child & Adolescent Psychiatrists are trained and certified to administer psychotherapy, medication, and many other means of treatment. Dr. Liesveld seeks to improve each patients quality of life.
Education and Training
Univ Of Ia Coll Of Med- Iowa City Ia 1986
University of Ia Roy J & L Carver Com 1986
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 1986
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN- Addiction Psychiatry
- Eating Disorders
- Opiate Dependence
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (adhd)
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Univ Iowa Hosps & Clinics, Child & Adolescent Psychiatry; Univ Iowa Hosps & Clinics, Psychiatry
- University Iowa Hosps and Clinics
- University of Iowa Hospital & Clinics
Dr. Jill L Liesveld MD's Practice location
Dr. Jill L Liesveld MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Liesveld
- Autism and Its Additional Complications
Since autism spectrum disorder (ASD) is a neurodevelopmental disorder, there are a variety of different symptoms. Different children with ASD will have different reactions, symptoms, and complications on different levels. Typically, autism impairs social and communication skills; however, the...
- Choosing the Right Education for Your Autistic Child
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) can cause issues in crucial areas of development, such as social interaction, verbal and nonverbal communication, creative and imaginative play, and sensory processing.Children with ASD may have difficulty understanding and communicating their needs and wants to...
- What Causes Eating Disorders
An eating disorder is usually classified as any one of a broad range of psychological disorders, but more specifically ones that demonstrate eating habits that are abnormal or absurd. The most common eating disorders are anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, and binge-eating disorder. Anorexia refers...
- Separation Anxiety in Children: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis and More
It’s normal for young children to feel anxious when they're separated from a loved one. However, when this fear occurs in a child above six years of age, is intense, and persists for more than four weeks, the child may have separation anxiety disorder.What is Separation Anxiety Disorder?Separation...
- Learning About the Beck Depression Inventory
Depression and AnxietyDepression and anxiety are disorders that are different from each other, but people suffering from depression often have symptoms that closely resemble those of anxiety. The disorder, in fact, starts out as anxiety, and if not treated at the right time with the right diagnosis,...
- Depression Medications and Their Side Effects
Regardless of the importance of non-medical treatment options for depression like talk therapy and physical exercise, none of them can be as quick and effective as medication. The primary form of medication for depression is antidepressants which help boost brain activity and alleviate depression...
- Dr. Oyindamola Abimbola Ajibade-akonai M.D200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Aaron John Kauer M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Christopher Gene Okiishi MD320 West Cherry Street North Liberty IA 52317
- Dr. Jennifer K Mcwilliams M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Sandra K Antoniak M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. William A Warnes MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242