Dr. Jill L Liesveld MD
Adolescent Psychiatrist | Child & Adolescent Psychiatry200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA, 52242
Dr. Jill Liesveld practices Child & Adolescent Psychiatry in Iowa City, IA. Dr. Liesveld evaluates patients throughout childhood and adolescence using many different procedures, in order to determine what treatments must be carried out in order to properly assess their symptoms. Child & Adolescent Psychiatrists are trained and certified to administer psychotherapy, medication, and many other means of treatment. Dr. Liesveld seeks to improve each patients quality of life.
Education and Training
Univ Of Ia Coll Of Med- Iowa City Ia 1986
University of Ia Roy J & L Carver Com 1986
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 1986
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN- Addiction Psychiatry
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Eating Disorders
- Opiate Dependence
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (adhd)
- Borderline Personality Disorder
Dr. Jill L Liesveld MD's Practice location
Dr. Jill L Liesveld MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Liesveld
- Separation Anxiety in Children: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis and More
It’s normal for young children to feel anxious when they're separated from a loved one. However, when this fear occurs in a child above six years of age, is intense, and persists for more than four weeks, the child may have separation anxiety disorder.What is Separation Anxiety Disorder?Separation...
- What Causes Eating Disorders
An eating disorder is usually classified as any one of a broad range of psychological disorders, but more specifically ones that demonstrate eating habits that are abnormal or absurd. The most common eating disorders are anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, and binge-eating disorder. Anorexia refers...
- Choosing the Right Education for Your Autistic Child
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) can cause issues in crucial areas of development, such as social interaction, verbal and nonverbal communication, creative and imaginative play, and sensory processing.Children with ASD may have difficulty understanding and communicating their needs and wants to...
- 5 Tips For Parenting an Anxious Child
As children grow, they go through several emotional and mental transformations. Some children become too shy to confront another person, while others become too mischievous. However, it becomes difficult for parents to determine their children’s behavior when they react unexpectedly to a...
- Learning About the Beck Depression Inventory
Depression and AnxietyDepression and anxiety are disorders that are different from each other, but people suffering from depression often have symptoms that closely resemble those of anxiety. The disorder, in fact, starts out as anxiety, and if not treated at the right time with the right diagnosis,...
- Depression Medications and Their Side Effects
Regardless of the importance of non-medical treatment options for depression like talk therapy and physical exercise, none of them can be as quick and effective as medication. The primary form of medication for depression is antidepressants which help boost brain activity and alleviate depression...
- Dr. Oyindamola Abimbola Ajibade-akonai M.D200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Sandra K Antoniak M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. David F Widitz M.D.673 Westbury Drive Iowa City IA 52245
- Anne F Kolar Other200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Kristin Elizabeth buroker Marsh M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Samuel Kuperman MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242