Dr. Alan Sinaiko is a pediatric nephrologist practicing in Minneapolis, MN. Dr. Sinaiko specializes in caring for children with chronic conditions such as hypertension, kidney disease, and chronic dialysis. Pediatric nephrologists have extensive knowledge on the dialysis and transplant processes, while simultaneously developing lasting relationships with the families of their young patients.
Education and Training
Univ of Mn Med Sch-Minneapolis, Minneapolis Mn 1965
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
- Secular trends of blood pressure and body size in a multi-ethnic adolescent population: 1986 to 1996.
- Henoch-Schönlein purpura and pulmonary hemorrhage: a report and literature review.
- Insulin resistance during puberty: results from clamp studies in 357 children.
- Echocardiographic diagnosis of heart disease in apparently healthy adolescents.
- Influence of intrauterine environment on development of insulin resistance.
- Adiposity in childhood predicts obesity and insulin resistance in young adulthood.
- Prevalence of hypertension in junior high school-aged children: effect of new recommendations in the 1996 Updated Task Force Report.
- The use of short-acting nifedipine in children with hypertension: another example of the need for comprehensive drug testing in children.
- End points for cardiovascular drug trials in pediatric patients.
- Pediatric hypertension.
- Obesity and insulin resistance in young people.
- Association of physical activity with insulin sensitivity in children.
- Association between the insulin resistance of puberty and the insulin-like growth factor-I/growth hormone axis.
- Relation of insulin resistance and body composition to left ventricular mass in children.
- Relation of birth weight to fasting insulin, insulin resistance, and body size in adolescence.
- Fairview-Univ Med Ctr, Internal Medicine; Fairview-Univ Med Ctr, Pediatrics; Univ Of Co Sch Of Med, Pediatrics; Ucla Med Ctr, Pediatrics
Dr. Alan Robert Sinaiko MD's Practice location
Minneapolis, MN 55455Get Direction
Dr. Alan Robert Sinaiko MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: How to Combat Pain with a Proper Diet
Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is characterized by inflammation and pain in the joints, which may be acute in some cases. There are diets that can reduce the inflammation and control the symptoms. These diets, which include fruits, vegetables, whole grains, olive oil, and fish, will also improve the...
- Is Authoritative Parenting Healthy?
A Brief HistoryDiane Baumrind, a clinical and developmental psychologist, first defined authoritative parenting style in a system that classifies how parents raise their children. According to Baumrind, parenting has three major approaches, which are:...
- What Is Renal Ultrasound Used For?
A renal ultrasound is actually a diagnostic procedure, wherein high-frequency sound waves are transmitted through the body tissues that are inaudible to the human ear. The echoes recorded into videos or images of the internal structures of the body.A wide range of diseases and conditions can be...
- Wilms Tumor Facts
Wilms TumorWilms tumor, also called as nephroblastoma, is a type of cancerous tumor in the kidneys. The name of the disease comes from a German doctor named Max Wilms, who wrote about it in 1899. Children ages 3-4 years old are more likely to develop Wilms tumor.Wilms tumor accounts for around 9 out...
- Nephrotic Syndrome in Children: What You Need to Know
Nephrotic Syndrome in ChildrenNephrotic syndrome in children is not a disease, but rather a group of symptoms that usually indicate kidney damage (particularly glomeruli damage) and proteinuria (high levels of protein in the urine). When there is kidney damage, a protein called albumin, which is...
- What Could Lead to Nephrotic Syndrome?
IntroductionNephrotic syndrome refers to a group of symptoms that occur when there is something wrong with your kidneys. It can affect people of all ages and is often treatable. Kidney damage may be suspected if an individual shows any of the following symptoms:...
- Dr. Elizabeth Grace Ingulli M.D.University Of Minnesota Physicians Minneapolis MN 55455
- Dr. Lydia Najera MDUniversity Of Minnesota Physicians Minneapolis MN 55455
- Dr. Michelle Nicole Rheault M.D.2512 S 7th St Minneapolis MN 55454
- Youngki Kim M516 Delaware St Se Minneapolis MN 55455
- Dr. Jurat Singh Rajpal M.D.420 Delaware St SE Minneapolis MN 55455
- Dr. Neil J. Paloian MD420 Delaware St SE Minneapolis MN 55455