Dr. Ronald Hanovice is an ophthalmologist practicing in Kingston, NY. Dr. Hanovice specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Hanovice can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Hanovice can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
Education and Training
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center Southwestern Medical School 1978
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
- Univ Of Ky Hosp, Ophthalmology; Univ Of Ky Hosp, Internal Medicine
- University of Kentucky
Ronald B Hanovice DR's Practice location
Kingston, NY 12401Get Direction
Ronald B Hanovice DR's reviewsWrite Review
- What Are Congenital Cataracts?
Cataracts can be present at birth – which is termed as congenital, and in other cases can develop later in life. Various studies have shown an estimation that one out of every 250 children will develop a cataract either prior to birth or during childhood. While the exact cause is unknown,...
- What are the Risks to Lasik Eye Surgery?
Lasik eye surgery is a surgical procedure which corrects deteriorating vision by reshaping the surface of the eye, more precisely the corneal layer in such a manner that light enters the eye at the angle appropriate for correct vision. Nearsightedness (myopia), farsightedness (hyperopia) and...
- What Could a Swollen Eyelid Mean?
Your eyelid’s skin is stretchy and loose with a thickness of less than 1 mm. Your eyelids can swell if there is a buildup of fluid in the tissues that surround your eyes.In most cases, swollen eyelids are not a cause for concern and can return back to its normal shape and size after a few days....
- What Is HSV-1?
Herpes Simplex Virus 1 (HSV-1)HSV-1 or herpes simplex virus type 1 is a type of herpes simplex virus that causes cold sores. It is called "oral herpes" because it often causes sores around the mouth or on the lips. Cold sores are also called as fever blisters. However, the sores can also be found...
- What is Age-Related Macular Degeneration?
Age-related macular degeneration is a common eye condition that affects macula, a small part at the back of the eye. Macula is the area of eye that helps us to differentiate the finer details. Damage to macula leads to gradual blurring of central vision. Macular degeneration impairs sharp vision and...
- Dr. Mohsin M. Cheema MD84 Hurley Ave Kingston NY 12401
- Dr. William J Senisi M.D.1 Webster Ave Poughkeepsie NY 12601
- Dr. Nancy Elizabeth Miller-rivero MD94 Pine St Poughkeepsie NY 12601
- Dr. Morton A Alterman MD23 Davis Avenue Poughkeepsie NY 12603
- Dr. Christopher John Kruger M.D.2507 South Road Poughkeepsie NY 12601
- Dr. Andrew Albert Dahl M.D., F.A.C.S.1 Gus Siko Rd Poughkeepsie NY 12601