Dr. Janis Stauffer is a speech language pathologist practicing in TULSA, OK. Dr. Stauffer specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Stauffer evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Stauffer helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Janis Ann Stauffer MA, CCC-SLP's Practice location
TULSA, OK 74105Get Direction
Janis Ann Stauffer MA, CCC-SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- Treating Autism
Since symptoms of autism can vary depending on the child, and behaviors can often change over time, treatment solutions should be tailored to individual needs. A program should improve a child’s communication skills while addressing social, behavioral, and learning aspects of a child’s life....
- What Is Dysarthria: Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, and More
What is dysarthria?Dysarthria is a speech disorder that is caused by weak, paralyzed, or damaged oral muscles. Those who have dysarthria usually have trouble speaking along with poor articulation, poor phonation, and poor respiration. Others may also have a hard time understanding people who have...
- Clinically Isolated Syndrome vs. Multiple Sclerosis: What You Need To Know
Clinically isolated syndrome presents the same type of attack where the body’s immune system attacks the central nervous system. If this only happens once, it's known as CIS.Clinically Isolated SyndromeDespite popular belief, CIS does not always go on to develop multiple sclerosis. This does...
- What is Fetal Alcohol Syndrome?
Fetal alcohol syndrome refers to the birth defects that result from exposure to alcohol during pregnancy. Excessive consumption of alcohol during pregnancy may result in the child developing physical deformities, mental conditions, behavioral issues, and learning disorders. The symptoms of fetal...
- Treatment of Dysphagia (Swallowing Problems)
What is dysphagia?Dysphagia is a disorder in which a person is unable to swallow food or is having difficulty in moving food down to the stomach. The throat or esophageal muscles are unable to work properly, and that leads to this disease. It is usually seen in children, old aged persons, and people...
- Is Multiple Sclerosis Genetic?
Multiple Sclerosis is a complex disease that can be caused by several factors; genetic structure is one of them. Several genes are thought to play a role in the development of MS. If any of a close relative, such as a sibling or a parent, has this disease, your chance of developing MS is slightly...
- Mrs. Lauren Elizabeth Hutson M.S., CCC-SLP4404 W. LOUISVILLE ST. BROKEN ARROW OK 74012
- Elizabeth C Canfield CCC-SLP1929 SOUTH 74TH EAST AVENUE TULSA OK 74114
- Mrs. Rebecca Anne Payne M.ED CCC-SLP22242 E 63RD ST S BROKEN ARROW OK 74014
- Mrs. Teresa Cruzan M.S.1107 E COBB AVE SAPULPA OK 74066
- Susan M. Russell M.A.,C.C.C.10749 E 29TH PL TULSA OK 74129
- Kristin Bresciano CCC-SLP2221 W DETROIT ST BROKEN ARROW OK 74012