Surgeon1980 Tybee Lane Lake Charles LA, 70605
Dr. Sumona Smith is a general surgeon practicing in Lake Charles, LA. Dr. Smith specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Smith provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
Sumona Smith's Practice location
Lake Charles, LA 70605Get Direction
Atlanta, GA 30322Get Direction
BRASELTON, GA 30517Get Direction
Sumona Smith's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Smith
- What Are the Different Types of Hysterectomies?
Removing the womb or uterus surgically has always been an option for women troubled by severe bleeding, uncontrolled fibroid growth, painful endometriosis, and spreading cancer. Removing the source of the problem has been considered the best remedy for relieving these painful symptoms that...
- How to Prepare for a Tonsillectomy
What Is a Tonsillectomy?The tonsils are a very important part of your body. They are located in two glands at the back of your throat. In your younger years, they help produce antibodies that help you fight infections that attack your body. Sometimes, however, the tonsils themselves can get...
- What Is Varicose Vein Stripping?
A vein is a blood vessel that carries blood through your body. Varicose veins are one among a spectrum of chronic vein problems. It is common and can be found in up to 20% of the adult population. The severity of the condition varies and while varicose veins are responsible for significant...
- What Are the Treatment Options for Appendicitis?
Appendix FactsThe appendix is also known as acecal appendix and sometimes the vermiform appendix. It is small in size with a finger-shaped pouch attached to the large intestines right at the bottom side of the belly.The lower tip of the appendiz is found 2cm below the ileocecal valve, which...
- Reasons Why You Need Hernia Surgery
Nowadays, the majority of hernia surgical operations are carried out as outpatient procedures. Hernia surgery is a common treatment which is less invasive and is associated with minimal risks. There are two types of hernia surgery; open repair and laparoscopic. Both methods of surgery take a few...
- Laparoscopy and Infertility
LaparoscopyA laparoscopy is a surgical procedure, which allows doctors to examine your abdominal organs. In females, their fallopian tubes, uterus, and ovaries are found in the pelvic region, which is at the bottom of the abdomen. The procedure uses a laparoscope to visualize the abdominal organs....
- Dr. Niazy Mahmoud Selim MD, PHD, MBCHB, FACS215 W PRIEN LAKE RD LAKE CHARLES LA 70601
- Dr. Laura Richards Vick M.D.1980 Tybee Lane Lake Charles LA 70605
- Dr. Kristin Patton MD1980 Tybee Lane Lake Charles LA 70605
- Dr. Will Cauthen M.D.1980 Tybee Lane Lake Charles LA 70605
- Dr. Richard Thomas Shimer MD2770 3RD AVE STE 120 LAKE CHARLES LA 70601
- Dr. Robbie Linn Hurtt M.D.1980 Tybee Lane Lake Charles LA 70605