Dr. Erica Hagood is a speech language pathologist practicing in LAWRENCEVILLE, GA. Dr. Hagood specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Hagood evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Hagood helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Ms. Erica Rosalind Hagood M.A. CCC-SLP's Practice location
LAWRENCEVILLE, GA 30046Get Direction
Ms. Erica Rosalind Hagood M.A. CCC-SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- Is There a Cure for Autism?
It is natural to ask your doctor about the cure for any disease once you have been diagnosed with it. The same is true for those diagnosed with autism. Unfortunately, there is no cure for autism.Various behavioral adjustment methods and medications that manage autism’s core symptoms are available...
- 5 Possible Causes of Multiple Sclerosis
MS is the result of an abnormal response of the body’s immune system. This response results in an attack on the central nervous system - the brain, spinal cord, and optic nerve. The immune system attacks the protective coating around the nerve fibers - myelin - creating scar tissue on and around...
- What is Dyslexia?
Dyslexia refers to a disorder characterized by disability in reading. This is a very common learning disability and is found to affect a large percentage of people in the country. Children with this learning disorder are found to have normal vision and intelligence. In many cases, the condition...
- The Risk for Developing Cerebral Palsy in Babies is Higher at 37 or 38 Weeks
Babies born at 40 weeks have a lower risk of developing cerebral palsy, when compared to babies born at 37 or 38 weeks, or at 42 weeks and later, according to a new study published in, The Journal of the American Medical Association. But the absolute risk of developing this condition in babies is...
- Understanding Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (RRMS)
Most patients who are diagnosed with multiple sclerosis usually fall under the category of having RRMS. In most patients, relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis in the course of the disease changes after several decades and usually becomes worse, and the patient’s diagnosis is likely to progress...
- The History of Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder, which is often characterized by a progressive type of muscular degeneration and weakness. There are several types of muscular dystrophy, wherein each type eventually leads to an increased disability, strength loss, and potential...
- Kelly Jones Ball M.ED., CCC-SLP3615 BRASELTON HWY DACULA GA 30019
- Tracey Beals325 MORNING MIST WAY ALPHARETTA GA 30005
- Miss Carla Jean Gignilliat MA, CCC-SLP1967 LAKESIDE PKWY TUCKER GA 30084
- Mrs. Stephanie Lynn Peterson-eichhorn M.A., CCC-SLP4195 RIVER CLUB DR CUMMING GA 30041
- Miss Tameka Blanette Bacon7327 VIGO DR LITHONIA GA 30058
- Ms. Donna Marie Pharis ED.S,CCC-SLP545 OLD NORCROSS RD STE 100 LAWRENCEVILLE GA 30046