Dr. Simoncic's practice emphasis is in sports medicine arthroscopic surgery and knee & shoulder replacement surgery. He has spent many years fine tuning the works of his practice. His reputation for q ...
Education and Training
Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Brooklyn, Coll of Med, Brooklyn Ny 1993
SUNY Downstate Medical Center College Of Medicine 1993
Orthopaedic SurgeryAmerican Board of Orthopaedic SurgeryABOS
- Fellow American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Member of North Shore-LIJ Medical Group
- Nyu Hospitals Center, Hand Surgery-Orthopedic Surgery; Lenox Hill Hosp, Orthopedic Surgery
- Lenox Hill Hospital
- Hospital for Joint Diseases-Orthopedic Institute
Dr. Jay S Simoncic MD's Practice location
Brooklyn, NY 11201Get Direction
Dr. Jay S Simoncic MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Simoncic
- The Risk for Developing Cerebral Palsy in Babies is Higher at 37 or 38 Weeks
Babies born at 40 weeks have a lower risk of developing cerebral palsy, when compared to babies born at 37 or 38 weeks, or at 42 weeks and later, according to a new study published in, The Journal of the American Medical Association. But the absolute risk of developing this condition in babies is...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- Doctors and Specialists for Patients with Muscular Dystrophy
Everyone is susceptible to Muscular Dystrophy, especially if it runs in your family. This disease involves the diminishing and weakening of muscles. It is also a progressive condition, meaning, it can get worse and worse if left untreated. Hence, health professionals highly recommend that you see...
- Spine Doctors vs. Chiropractors
Patients may often ask themselves which doctor they should see for their back pain. Studies have shown that chiropractors provide effective treatment for back pain. However, chiropractors cannot treat all causes of back pain because there are also conditions that should be diagnosed and treated by a...
- Is Bursitis a Chronic Ailment?
What is bursitis?Bursitis is a condition that causes inflammation of the bursa. Once the bursa is inflamed, it starts swelling. It causes pain around the affected area. The condition affects any part of the body where there are bursae.What is a bursa?A bursa is a sac-like cavity filled with fluid....
- Levator Scapulae Muscle: Function, Trigger Points, and Anatomy
Levator Scapulae MuscleThe levator scapulae is a long muscle, which is located at the back and side of the neck. It is known to end at the top of the shoulder. Its Latin name indicates its function of lifting the scapula. Regardless of muscular development, this long muscle is difficult to see. It...
- Dr. Leon E. Popovitz M.D.130 E 67th St New York NY 10065
- Dr. Oscar Vazquez M.D.25 Prospect Ave Hackensack NJ 07601
- Woojin Cho 10530
- Dr. Ron Noy M.D.424 Madison Avenue New York New York 10017
- Paul M. Brisson51 East 25th Street New York New York 10016
- Dr. David T. Neuman M.D.131 W 33rd St New York NY 10001