Dr. Ira Cohen is a dermatologist practicing in Coraopolis, PA. Dr. Cohen specializes in skin care. Dermatologists evaluate and manage both common and uncommon skin conditions. These conditions include acne, psoriasis, warts, skin infections, atopic dermatitis, herpes simplex and more. Dermatologists are also experts in more complex skin diseases like impetigo, hidradenitis and milaria. Dr. Cohen diagnoses skin problems and develops unique treatments plans for each individual patient.
Education and Training
Univ of Md Sch of Med, Baltimore Md 1978
University of Maryland At Baltimore / Professional Schools 1978
University of Maryland School of Medicine 1978
DermatologyAmerican Board of DermatologyABD
- Actinic Keratosis
- Skin Cancer
- Contact Dermatitis
- Seborrheic Keratosis
- Univ Of Md Med Sys, Dermatology; Baylor Coll Of Med, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- University of Maryland Program
Dr. Ira J Cohen MD's Practice location
Coraopolis, PA 15108Get Direction
Dr. Ira J Cohen MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Cohen
- What are the Topical Treatments for Psoriasis?
The most popular treatment options for psoriasis are topical applications, like creams, lotions, and foams. These formulations are applied on the skin or scalp directly to reduce the symptoms. There are a number of options available for the treatment of psoriasis are unique to each individual who...
- 5 Tips on Living with Varicose Veins
Varicose veins are bothersome and uncomfortable. Apart from being unattractive, varicose veins are associated with both physical and mental pain. High temperatures during the summer call for relaxed clothing, and varicose veins can prevent someone from living their life happily. Because age is one...
- Cold Sores vs. Canker Sores
Cold sores, also called oral herpes, are highly contagious fluid-filled blisters on the lips and around the mouth. In most cases, cold sores are not that serious, but they can be life-threatening for people who have a weakened immune system such as people with AIDS. On the other hand, canker sores,...
- What Is Acne: Get the Facts
Acne is a condition that affects the oil glands of the skin. The pores connect to oil glands underneath the skin. These glands form an oily substance referred to as sebum. The pores then link to the glands via a canal known as the follicle. Inside these follicles, oil transports dead skin cells...
- An Overview of Prescription Medications and Natural Remedies for Acne
Acne is a common condition which could affect almost everyone at some point. In many cases it can be managed easily and in other cases it can be lifelong problem.Acne treatment aims to clear spots as much as possible and most importantly, to prevent scarring. Several treatments are available for...
- How to Prepare for a Biopsy
A biopsy procedure is a very important procedure, which is used to identify the underlying cause of your abnormal body tissues. Depending on your condition and the location of the tissue abnormality, different types of biopsies may be performed on you. A biopsy preparation, therefore, depends on...
- Dr. Douglas W. Kress MD11279 Perry Highway Wexford Pennsylvania 15090
- Dr. Mark Seraly M.D.222 East McMurray Road McMurray Pennsylvania 15317
- Dr. Neil Niren MD135 Cumberland Road Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15237
- Dr. Melissa Angela Pugliano-mauro M.D.2585 Freeport Rd Pittsburgh PA 15238
- Dr. Debra Tanner Abell MD11676 Perry Hwy Wexford PA 15090
- Dr. Judith Ann Small MD420 E North Ave Pittsburgh PA 15212