Dr. Rachel Avery is a psychologist practicing in Portland, ME. Dr. Avery specializes in the treatment of health mental problems, and helps people to cope with their mental illnesses. As a psychologist, Dr. Avery evaluates and treats patients through a variety of methods, most typically being psychotherapy or talk therapy. Patients usually visit Dr. Avery because they have been experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or anger for a significant period of time and are seeking help. Psychologists may perform a variety of exams and assessments to diagnose a mental condition.
Education and Training
University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry
Dr. Rachel Robb Avery PH.D's Practice location
Portland, ME 04102Get Direction
Dr. Rachel Robb Avery PH.D's reviewsWrite Review
- Sixteen-year-old Student with Autism Wins Half-Marathon on First Try
Competing in a half-marathon is a feat for everyone involved; there are immense pressures and completing all those miles is extremely grueling. Just to finish is impressive, but winning the race is astounding. What makes such a thing even more remarkable? Winning with autism. Logan Thomas is only...
- What Does Demisexual Mean?
'Demisexual' refers to people who are not sexually attracted to individuals with whom they do not share a strong emotional bond or romantic relationship. The word 'demisexual' consists of the Greek word ‘demi’ which means ‘half’ and 'sexual', an adjective that means 'pertaining to sex'....
- The Proven Benefits of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Autism
When it comes to children with autism, parents need to have resources to guide them into better coping mechanisms and strategies for communication. New research has shown that parents are improving feelings of anxiety and sadness by joining their children in therapy, cognitive behavior...
- Which Specialists Can Treat ADHD?
People suffering from attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) encounter several challenges including social, academic or professional difficulties. These issues make it important for ADHD patients to receive definitive treatments that work for them. ADHD is also very common among children....
- Autism and Romance: Finding Love on the Spectrum and Online
Anyone who has a loved one with autism will find this article to be a burst of sunshine. Finding love is difficult for anyone and for those on the autism spectrum, the challenges might be greater. Some people assume a person with autism is unable to form a romantic relationship. To appreciate...
- Mothers With Depression can Affect Their Children's Sleeping Patterns
A study published in the journal, Child Development, suggests that mothers who show signs of depression, or mothers who are depressed, are more likely to disrupt sleeping routine of their baby. In this study, researchers monitored mothers throughout the night, while they tended to their children....
- Dr. Susan L. Lichtman PH.D.1000 Shore Road Cape Elizabeth Maine 04107
- Dr. Mark Gregory Kiefner PHD26 Portland Street Portland ME 04101
- Dr. Ann mary Palozzi PSY.D.7 Oak Hill Terrace Scarborough ME 04074
- Dr. Laura Slap shelton PSY.D28 West Cole Road Biddeford ME 04005
- Dr. David Margolis PH.D.477 Congress St Portland ME 04101
- Dr. Gina M Kenny PHD216 Vaughan St Portland ME 04102