Dr. Barda Leavitt is a psychologist practicing in Hallowell, ME. Dr. Leavitt specializes in the treatment of health mental problems, and helps people to cope with their mental illnesses. As a psychologist, Dr. Leavitt evaluates and treats patients through a variety of methods, most typically being psychotherapy or talk therapy. Patients usually visit Dr. Leavitt because they have been experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or anger for a significant period of time and are seeking help. Psychologists may perform a variety of exams and assessments to diagnose a mental condition.
Dr. Barda L. Leavitt PH.D.'s Practice location
Hallowell, ME 04347Get Direction
Dr. Barda L. Leavitt PH.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Why Is It That Some Children With Autism Find It Difficult To Recognize Faces?
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), around 1 in every 160 children has an autism spectrum disorder (ASD). ASD refers to a developmental disorder characterized by varying degrees of impaired social interaction, disturbances in communication and language, as well as repetitive...
- Can Porn Cause Erectile Dysfunction?
Introduction Erectile dysfunction is a man’s inability to maintain an erection during sexual activities. It may occasionally happen or may become a chronic or permanent problem. Erectile dysfunction may be due to the following psychological and physical causes:...
- What are the Symptoms of Asperger's Syndrome?
Asperger’s syndrome is a developmental disorder that affects a person’s ability to communicate, interact, and socialize with others. This is a type of autism spectrum disorder, and many of the symptoms of this disorder are similar to symptoms found in autism. Generally, Asperger's is not as...
- Gene Linked to Autism Can Cause More Anxiety and Seizures, Study Finds
A recent study has found that a gene linked to autism causes mice to have more seizures and anxiety. Dr. Jill Silverman is an assistant professor of psychiatry at the University of California, Davis. She led a team of researchers to study this particular gene in mice. The recently published their...
- St. John's Wort for Depression Treatment
The scientific name of St. John’s wort is Hypericum perforatum, which is a powerful medicinal herb that has anti-inflammatory properties. This herb has been long been used due to its health benefits, especially in relieving depression. Ancient Greek physicians believed that this herb possessed a...
- What Does Demisexual Mean?
'Demisexual' refers to people who are not sexually attracted to individuals with whom they do not share a strong emotional bond or romantic relationship. The word 'demisexual' consists of the Greek word ‘demi’ which means ‘half’ and 'sexual', an adjective that means 'pertaining to sex'....
- Dr. Mary louisa Barnhart MD10 Water St Waterville ME 04901
- Neil Brian Colan ED.D.93 Second St Hallowell ME 04347
- Dr. Miranda Ring Phelps PSYD30 Chase Ave Waterville ME 04901
- Dr. James R Sisung PSYD30 Chase Ave Waterville ME 04901
- Dr. Elizabeth Dawn Houghton-faryna PSY.D.Riverview Psychiatric Ctr Augusta ME 04333
- Dr. Helen R Smart-perille PSY.D.1 Va Ctr # 116b Augusta ME 04330