Melissa Hennes is a physical therapist practicing in Eden Prairie, MN. Melissa Hennes specializes in physical treatment to help a patient reduce pain, restore mobility, rehabilitate an injury, or increase movement and overall function. As a physical therapist, Melissa Hennes can treat multiple conditions with exercises, manual therapy, joint mobilization, massage, and more. Melissa Hennes will create a treatment plan based on the patients specific injury or condition, and might target a specific body part or body system based on the individual.
Education and Training
University of Minnesota - Twin Cities BS - Kinesiology 2010
University of Minnesota - Twin Cities PT, DPT 2013
Orthopaedics (Physical Therapy Specialties)
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Clinic Manager Orthology Eden Prairie 2016 - 2018
- APTA, Orthopedic Section
Professional Society Memberships
- American Physical Therapy Association, Academy of Orthopaedic Physical Therapy
What do you attribute your success to?
- Her training, her passion and empathy for her patients.
- Physical Therapy Student VolunteerUniversity of Minnesota, The Inter-professional Street Outreach Project Delivered basic healthcare, supplies, and information to the underserved population of the Phillips Neighborhood about the benefits of physical therapy.Administered balance assessments and referred people to the Philips Neighborhood Clinic.April 2011 to June 2012
Hobbies / Sports
- Family Time, Hiking, Outdoor Activites
Melissa T. Hennes DPT's Practice location
Eden Prairie, Minnesota 55344Get Direction
Port Orange, FL 32128Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Melissa T. Hennes DPT | Physical Therapist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Melissa T. Hennes DPT's reviewsWrite Review
- What is Tommy John Surgery?
Named after Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher, Tommy John, who took up this new procedure to repair his affected elbow, this surgery is common among athletes to correct a ligament that is injured. Also known as ulnar collateral ligament (UCL reconstruction), the injured ligament is replaced with a tendon...
- How to prevent Knee Pain
Knee pain is a common problem encountered by many people especially middle aged and elderly individuals. It has many causes, from acute injuries to complications of medical conditions, such as arthritis. Symptoms of knee injury can include pain, swelling, and stiffness.Knee pain is generally divided...
- How to Prepare for a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a procedure where a surgeon removes a part or more parts of your vertebrae or any ligaments on your spinal cord that exert pressure on the nerves. Laminectomy is said to be the most common back surgery performed for disability and pain. The following are some expectations before,...
- Do Shin Splints Require Physical Therapy?
Shin splints are also known as medial tibial stress syndrome (MTSS). The pain along the inner aspect of your shin bone is referred to as a shin splint. This condition is common in athletes and those who participate in high-intensity workouts, and in sports like basketball, tennis, soccer, and...
- Mindfulness and Fibromyalgia
Present moment awareness, deep relaxation, and gentle movement can help an individual discover and observe his or her reactions to stressors, such as pain or the emotional devastation of being diagnosed with a chronic illness. This understanding can lead to changes in thought and body awareness that...
- Tay-Sachs Disease in Children
IntroductionHealthy infants tend to achieve their growth and development milestones in a timely manner. They also develop their vision, hearing, movement, and other types of vital functions because certain enzymes clear out fatty protein as well as other unwanted elements that can hinder normal...
- Susan James Jacobsen PT2450 Riverside Ave Minneapolis MN 55454
- Megan Louise Cahill DPT640 Jackson St Saint Paul MN 55101
- Christopher Kuhn PT650 Taft St Ne Minneapolis MN 55413
- Terrance L Buisman PT825 Nicollet Mall Minneapolis MN 55402
- Mark W Siewert PT825 Nicollet Mall Minneapolis MN 55402
- Urbae Y Hall PT2001 Blaisdell Ave Minneapolis MN 55404