Dr. Jacob Charles Christian DO
OB-GYN (Obstetrician-Gynecologist)901 Heartland Rd Suite 2800 Saint Joseph MO, 64506
Dr. Jacob Christian is an obstetrician-gynecologist practicing in Saint Joseph, MO. Dr. Christian specializes in women's health, particularly the female reproductive system, pregnancy and childbirth. As an obstetrician-gynecologist, or OB-GYN, Dr. Christian can treat a number of health issues related to the vagina, uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes and breasts. Dr Christian can also treat women during pregnancy, labor, childbirth and the postpartum period. In this specialty, doctors focus on reproductive care from puberty through adulthood.
Education and Training
University of Osteopathic Medicine And Health Sciences / College of Osteopathic Medicine 2005
Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine and Health Sciences Medicine
Obstetrics and GynecologyAmerican Board of Obstetrics and GynecologyABOG
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- A twin study of genetic influences on the acute adaptation of the EEG to alcohol.
- The effect of apolipoprotein E epsilon4 in the relationships of smoking and drinking to cognitive function.
- Longitudinal cognitive and motor changes among presymptomatic Huntington disease gene carriers.
- Fatty acid variability of plasma lipids and cholesteryl esters in adult male twins and their brothers.
- The National Heart and Lung Institute twin study of cardiovascular disease risk factors: organization and methodology.
- Genetic variance in blood pressure.
- Analysis of heritability of hormonal responses to alcohol in twins: beta-endorphin as a potential biomarker of genetic risk for alcoholism.
- Confirmation of subtle motor changes among presymptomatic carriers of the Huntington disease gene.
- Genome screen for QTLs contributing to normal variation in bone mineral density and osteoporosis.
- Subtle changes among presymptomatic carriers of the Huntington's disease gene.
- Genome screen for quantitative trait loci underlying normal variation in femoral structure.
- Genetic analysis of dermatoglyphic patterns in twins.
- Letters to the editor: Statistical analysis of genetic variance in twins.
- Letter to the editor.
- Letter to the editor.
- High Blood Pressure (hypertension)
Dr. Jacob Charles Christian DO's Practice location
Saint Joseph, MO 64506Get Direction
Dr. Jacob Charles Christian DO's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Christian
- What are the Causes and Symptoms of Menstrual Cramps?
The dull, throbbing, or sharp pain felt in the lower abdomen before and during menstrual periods is known as menstrual cramps, or dysmenorrhea. The pain may range in severity and continue for two to three days. Although all women are not affected by period pains, it may affect normal activities in...
- New Imaging Could Predict Whether Breast Cancer Will Spread
When it comes to the treatment of any type of cancer, the earlier the disease is caught and diagnosed, the better chance of success treatment has. Medical providers have worked to develop strategies for catching breast cancer at an early stage over the recent years. Women who may be more prone to...
- What Are Intramural Fibroids?
Uterine fibroids are common medical conditions affecting most women. They are benign tumors developing within the uterine wall. People with fibroids might experience external symptoms as well. Therefore, fibroids are often identified only during repetitive pelvic examinations. Depending on their...
- During Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Women Are Able to Get Discounted Mammograms
All throughout the year, different health awareness campaigns take place. They allow individuals with certain health conditions - along with their loved ones, advocacy groups, and support groups - to join together around a common cause and offer support. During these times, educational and...
- Vitamin D Pills Can Help Reduce the Pain Caused By Menstruation
A study conducted by Italian researchers has shown that a single dose of vitamin D may reduce the pain experienced during menstrual cycles in women, and help them to avoid taking pain killers. In this study, the researchers studied the effect of vitamin D on 40 women between the ages of 18-years-old...
- Managing Symptomatic Endometriosis
Endometriosis is known as a disease that affects women through their reproductive age. It is the most common cause of chronic pelvic pain, usually beginning in adolescence. It is also one of the main causes of infertility among women. It is a complex condition with a great variability when it...
- Dr. Brooke Renee Seevers D.O.901 HEARTLAND RD SAINT JOSEPH MO 64506
- Dr. Lucinda L Hayden MD901 Heartland Rd Saint Joseph MO 64506
- Dr. Curtis J Richardson MD901 Heartland Rd Saint Joseph MO 64506
- Dr. Claudia H Costa MD901 Heartland Rd Saint Joseph MO 64506
- Dr. Suzanne Marie Eggers M.D.901 Heartland Rd Saint Joseph MO 64506
- Dr. Maureen A Boyle-manganaro MD901 Heartland Rd Saint Joseph MO 64506