Dr. Russell Guymon practices Orthodontics in Iowa City, IA. Comprehensive orthodontic treatment includes metal wires that are inserted into orthodontic brackets, which can be made from stainless steel or a more aesthetic ceramic material. The wires interact with the brackets to move teeth into desired positions. Being advanced in the field, Dr. Guymon may also use Invisalign or other aligner trays that have been designed to align a patients? smile. As an orthodontist, Dr. Guymon must recognize various characteristics of a malocclusion or dentofacial deformity, define the nature of the problem, including the etiology if possible, and design a treatment strategy based on the specific needs and desires of the patient.
Dr. Russell J Guymon D.D.S., M.S.'s Practice location
Iowa City, IA 52242Get Direction
Idaho Falls, ID 83401Get Direction
LOGAN, UT 84321Get Direction
Dr. Russell J Guymon D.D.S., M.S.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Want Pearly Whites? Try These Foods
Brushing and flossing the teeth regularly helps to maintain a healthy oral cavity. Food also plays a role in keeping the teeth white and bright. Acids present in the food may erode the tooth enamel causing it to erode leading to tooth decay. Certain foods like sugar free gum, sugar free drinks,...
- Evidence for Gum Disease Causing Heart Disease is Dwindling
The American Heart Association released a new statement stating that there is no conclusive evidence to support the relationship between gum disease and heart problems, and that treating gum disease can improve heart conditions. Gum disease is a major contributor to tooth loss and decay in adults....
- Get a Better Smile with Licorice Root
According to a new study published in the Journal of Natural Products, licorice, the main ingredient in candy, may help to keep tooth decay and gum disease at bay. Teeth protection is provided by the compounds found in the dried root of licorice plant. Chinese licorice, found in northern mainland...
- Severe Stress and Depression May Cause Gum Disease
According to a review published in the Journal of Periodontology, studies show a strong link between stress and gum disease. About 57% of the studies conducted displayed an accurate association between gum disease and stress-related symptoms, including distress, anxiety, depression, and...
- What Is Pituitary Dwarfism?
IntroductionPituitary dwarfism, also called growth hormone deficiency, is a medical condition wherein the pituitary gland does not produce sufficient amounts of growth hormone. This deficiency often results in children’s slow growth or short stature.An adult with pituitary dwarfism has an average...
- What Are the Causes of Receding Gums?
As the margin of teeth recede, the roots of the teeth are exposed. Receding gums are a very common oral problem and are of concern as it may be the warning signs of many gum diseases. Gum deterioration occurs gradually with time and creates small pockets or gaps between the tooth and the gum, which...
- Dr. Suzanne Elizabeth Stock D.D.S., M.S.1031 Wade St Iowa City IA 52240
- Dr. David Alan Jones D.D.S., M.S.D.322 Dental Science S Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Matthew A.t. Croco D.D.S, M.S.2451 CORAL CT STE 2 CORALVILLE IA 52241
- Dr. Robert Newton Staley DDS322 S Dental Science Bldg Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. John Mergen Mergen D.D.S., M.S.1509 Mall Dr Iowa City IA 52240
- Dr. James J Wheeler DDS MS51300 Pomerantz Family Pavilion Iowa City IA 52242