Dr. Cierra Gordon is a speech language pathologist practicing in WINSTON SALEM, NC. Dr. Gordon specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Gordon evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Gordon helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Cierra Holly Gordon MS, SLP's Practice location
WINSTON SALEM, NC 27103Get Direction
Cierra Holly Gordon MS, SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- 5 Possible Causes of Multiple Sclerosis
MS is the result of an abnormal response of the body’s immune system. This response results in an attack on the central nervous system - the brain, spinal cord, and optic nerve. The immune system attacks the protective coating around the nerve fibers - myelin - creating scar tissue on and around...
- What Is Dysphagia?
IntroductionDysphagia is the medical term for difficulty swallowing. A person with dysphagia finds it more difficult to move liquid or food from the mouth to the stomach. Dysphagia is most likely caused by muscle and nerve problems. When food is swallowed, multiple muscles and nerves are...
- Understanding the Different Types of Multiple Sclerosis
Since MS does not progress in the same manner, professionals have divided the disease into four phenotypes based on the manner in which the disease progresses. The four types of multiple sclerosis are Clinically Isolated Syndrome, Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis, Primary Progressive Multiple...
- Is There a Cure for Autism?
It is natural to ask your doctor about the cure for any disease once you have been diagnosed with it. The same is true for those diagnosed with autism. Unfortunately, there is no cure for autism.Various behavioral adjustment methods and medications that manage autism’s core symptoms are available...
- Which Specialists Can Treat ADHD?
People suffering from attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) encounter several challenges including social, academic or professional difficulties. These issues make it important for ADHD patients to receive definitive treatments that work for them. ADHD is also very common among children....
- The Risk for Developing Cerebral Palsy in Babies is Higher at 37 or 38 Weeks
Babies born at 40 weeks have a lower risk of developing cerebral palsy, when compared to babies born at 37 or 38 weeks, or at 42 weeks and later, according to a new study published in, The Journal of the American Medical Association. But the absolute risk of developing this condition in babies is...
- Stephanie Wilkinson M.S., CCC-SLP185 CHARLOIS BLVD WINSTON SALEM NC 27103
- Mrs. Linda Copeland M.S.4003 Whitetail Ct High Point NC 27265
- Jessica Roten Klamfoth MA CCC-SLP1730 KERNERSVILLE MEDICAL PKWY STE 201 KERNERSVILLE NC 27284
- Lori Eckard MA, CCC-SLP185 CHARLOIS BLVD WINSTON SALEM NC 27103
- Ms. Karen Sue Blaisdell SLP1660 CHERRY BLOSSOM LN WINSTON SALEM NC 27127
- Mr. Philip David Blalock SPEECH PATHOLOGISTWAKE FOREST BAPTIST HEALTH MEDICAL CENTER BLVD WINSTON SALEM NC 27157