Kirsten Maclellan is an acupuncturist practicing in Santa Barbara, CA. Dr. Maclellan evaluates and treats patients based on the concepts of oriental medicine. Acupuncturists complete their evaluations by getting a patient history and looking at and touching the body. Then, they place very fine acupuncture needles into specific points on the body. Stimulating these points and nerves is how Dr. Maclellan treats the patients condition. Many of the bodys systems respond to acupuncture, and it can treat physical pain as well as emotional stress.
Kirsten Anne Maclellan L.AC.'s Practice location
Santa Barbara, CA 93105Get Direction
Kirsten Anne Maclellan L.AC.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What to Expect While Undergoing an Acupuncture
Before having your first acupuncture treatment, there are numerous things you should keep in mind. Most acupuncture points are situated on the legs and lower arms, so it’s important to wear clothes that will allow easy access to such areas. Moreover, avoid going for treatment while hungry or right...
- Is Acupuncture a Holistic Treatment?
The holistic theory of acupuncture derives its basis from the patterns of energy that flows across the body. During a healthy state, energy travels freely through a network of channels in the body. These channels are often referred to as meridians. Such disruptions are responsible for the occurrence...
- Holistic Treatments for Jock Itch
Western medicine has progressed remarkably in shaping healthcare and wellness therapies. There are scores of medicines that are useful in the treatment of a fungal infections like jock itch. The problem lies in the side effects of antifungal medicines, especially drugs like corticosteroids.Medicines...
- Reasons Why You Need Acupuncture
If you haven’t tried acupuncture and you’re wondering whether it’s effective, here are several supportive reasons why you should give it a try: ...
- How to Use Acupuncture to Treat IBS
Irritable bowel syndrome is also referred to as mucous colitis or spastic colon. It’s labeled a syndrome since it involves multiple symptoms that vary from each person who is affected. It’s a mobility disorder of the large and small intestines. IBS-related symptoms include constipation,...
- Alternative Treatments for Liver Cancer
Alternative treatments for liver cancer refer to alternative medical procedures rather than the conventional and allopathic medications used to treat liver cancer. They include herbs, traditional Chinese medicine and homeopathy among others. The alternative treatments require a certification and...
- Qisheng Guan LI AC. , O.M.D100 N Hope Ave. Suite 12 Santa barbara CA 93110
- Charlie Sciutto LAC.2425 Bath St Santa Barbara CA 93105
- John Ebadi1 N Calle Cesar Chavez suite 110 santa barbara ca 93103
- Dr. Maha Ati LAC; NMD; RNP1727 State St Santa Barbara CA 93101
- Mr. Anthony F Kar L.AC.1725 State St Santa Barbara CA 93101
- Sallie Hong L. AC.8730 Santa Monica Blvd West Hollywood CA 90069