Dr. David Mischoulon is a psychiatrist practicing in Boston, MA. Dr. Mischoulon is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Mischoulon diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Mischoulon may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Mischoulon treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Boston Univ Sch of Med, Boston Ma 1994
Boston University School of Medicine 1994
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- Mass Gen Hosp, Psychiatry; Caritas Carney Hosp, Internal Medicine
- Massachusetts General Hospital 1995
- Massachusetts General Hospital Program
Dr. David Mischoulon M.D., PH.D.'s Practice location
Boston, MA 02114Get Direction
Dr. David Mischoulon M.D., PH.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Causes ADHD?
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is a neurological/behavioral disorder that affects a person's ability to control one's behavior. The real cause of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is unknown, although numerous factors are thought to be responsible. GeneticsPeople...
- The Effects of Sigmund Freud’s Theories to the Modern World
On May 6, 1856, Sigmund Freud was born in the Czech Republic, which was formerly known as Freiberg. Freud came up with the method of psychoanalysis, which is used by modern day psychoanalysts to understand unconscious conflicts after getting some revelation from what their patients desired and...
- What Is a Psychosomatic Disorder?
What is a psychosomatic disorder?It is a disorder wherein physical symptoms develop due to mental factors. The term "psyche" refers to the word "mind" and "somatic" means the observed physical signs and symptoms of the disease. Every disease has physical and mental components, so most diseases are...
- Is Schizophrenia Fatal?
Schizophrenia by itself is not fatal like cancer or any other life-threatening diseases. However, many cases of death have been accounted for and the usual reason behind it is suicide. Moreover, people who have adopted habits such as smoking, taking prohibited drugs, or unhealthy eating, either due...
- What Is Vistaril Used For?
What is Vistaril (hydroxyzine)?Vistaril is a medication used to reduce central nervous system activity. It is an antihistamine drug that can help reduce the effects of histamine in the body and relieve symptoms of allergy, such as histamine-induced itch, hives, and contact dermatitis.Vistaril is...
- How To Help Your Loved One Combat Geriatric Depression
Clinical depression is very common in elderly people. While the cause of depression is different depending on the individual, one of the main reasons behind geriatric depression is loneliness. Family members usually focus on the physical health of their elders and deliberately ignore another...
- Dr. Richard Chasin M.D.2 Appleton St Cambridge MA 02138
- Dr. Ruxandra Carp M.D.1 Mt Vernon St Winchester Massachusetts 01890
- Robert D. Mehlman14 Netherlands Road Brookline Massachusetts 02445
- Dr. Benjamin Silverman MD345 Boylston Street Newton Massachusetts 02459
- Dr. Tilottoma Mukherjee MD38 Crafts Street Newton Massachusetts 02458
- Laura Ellen Dinerstein Other94 Pleasant Street Arlington Massachusetts 02476-6535