Dr. George Wood is an optometrist practicing in Powderly, KY. Dr. Wood specializing in providing eye care services to patients. As an optometrist, Dr. Wood performs eye exams, tests vision, corrects vision by prescribing eye glasses or contacts, detects certain eye disorders and manages and treats vision problems. Optometrists often work closely with ophthalmologists who may need to further treat patients with surgical procedures.
Dr. George Stephen Wood O D's Practice location
Powderly, KY 42367Get Direction
Dr. George Stephen Wood O D's reviewsWrite Review
- Eye Twitching: Causes and How to Stop It
What is eye twitching?While it may seem like a normal experience of the eye, eye twitching could become irritating and could be a cause for concern when it persists for a long period of time and with higher frequency. In medical terms, eye twitching is known as blepharospasm, which is defined as an...
- What Is Double Vision?
What is Double Vision?Seeing two images of the same object displaced horizontally or vertically is known as double vision or diplopia. While most of the cases of double vision are not serious, some need to be treated quickly. There are three categories of diplopia:...
- What are the Causes and Symptoms of Pink Eye?
Pink eye, or conjunctivitis, is a contagious eye condition caused by the inflammation and infection of the conjunctiva. The conjunctiva is the transparent membrane covering the white part of the eye and the eyeball. Infection and swelling of the the mucous membrane becomes reddish, and the entire...
- What Could a Swollen Eyelid Mean?
Your eyelid’s skin is stretchy and loose with a thickness of less than 1 mm. Your eyelids can swell if there is a buildup of fluid in the tissues that surround your eyes.In most cases, swollen eyelids are not a cause for concern and can return back to its normal shape and size after a few days....
- What to Expect After LASIK Eye Surgery
LASIK eye surgery is a corrective procedure that aims to rectify vision distortions that are caused by the changing curvature of the cornea and shifting length of the eyeball. The cornea is a transparent coating that bulges on the outside of the eyeball, and allows light to penetrate its surface at...
- Dr. Freddie Michael Mayes OD OPTOMETRIST1601 West Everly Brothers Blvd Central City KY 42330
- Dr. Natasha Nicole Gay O.D.1725 W Everly Brothers Blvd Central City KY 42330
- Dr. Troy Wayne Crist O.D.444 S Main St Madisonville KY 42431
- Dr. John Michael Soderling OD1601 W Everly Brothers Blvd Central City KY 42330
- Larry Tarter Other224 Hopkinsville St Greenville KY 42345
- Dr. Eric J Stoltz O.D.1756 E Center St Madisonville KY 42431