Mikel Dwaine Smith MD
Hepatologist | Hepatology800 Rose Street, G100 Gill Heart Institute Lexington KY, 40536
Dr. Mikel Smith is a hepatologist practicing in Lexington, KY. Dr. Smith specializes in the study of body parts such as the liver, the biliary tree, the gallbladder and the pancreas. Hepatologists manage disorders in these areas and are specifically known for treating viral hepatitis. Patients who have received liver transplants also follow up with hepatologists after their procedure.
Education and Training
Univ of Ky Coll of Med, Lexington Ky 1977
University of Kentucky College of Medicine 1977
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Pseudonormal or intermediate pattern?.
- Efficacy and safety of sildenafil citrate in women with sexual dysfunction associated with female sexual arousal disorder.
- Preliminary investigation of proton and helium ion radiation effects on fluorescent dyes for use in astrobiology applications.
- A simple and selective method for the separation of Cu radioisotopes from nickel.
- Relapsing B-cell lymphoblastic leukemia in an adult presenting as an infiltrative cardiac mass with tamponade.
- Tanezumab for the treatment of pain from osteoarthritis of the knee.
- Double atrial septal defect: diagnosis and closure guidance with 3D transesophageal echocardiography.
- Efficacy and safety of tanezumab in the treatment of chronic low back pain.
- Septal perforator anatomy and variability of perfusion bed by myocardial contrast echocardiography: a study of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy patients undergoing alcohol septal ablation.
- The changing 'face' of endocarditis in Kentucky: an increase in tricuspid cases.
- Infective Endocarditis Complicated by Mitral Valve Aneurysm: Pathologic and Echocardiographic Correlations.
- The MOBILE Study-A Phase IIa Enriched Enrollment Randomized Withdrawal Trial to Assess the Analgesic Efficacy and Safety of ASP8477, a Fatty Acid Amide Hydrolase Inhibitor, in Patients with Peripheral Neuropathic Pain.
- Heart Disease
- Heart Failure
- Cerebrovascular Disease
- Vascular Disease
Mikel Dwaine Smith MD's Practice location
Lexington, KY 40536Get Direction
Mikel Dwaine Smith MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Smith
- Is Cirrhosis of the Liver a form of Cancer?
The liver is a vital and also, the largest organ in the human body. Its large size is a clear indication of the many roles it plays in the human body.Some of its functions include:...
- What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Liver Cancer?
Liver cancer is a condition that is characterized by the abnormal or cancerous growth of liver cells. Liver cells are also called as hepatocytes. Hence, liver cancer can also be called as hepatocellular cancer. Although other cell types can become cancerous, the most common cause of liver cancer is...
- 5 Tips on Living with Hepatitis
Hepatitis is mainly an infection of the Liver. The condition of a person suffering from hepatitis can either be self-limiting, progressing to fibrosis (scarring), cirrhosis, or liver cancer. hepatitis viruses are the most common cause of hepatitis, but other causes spreading the same infection may...
- Can I Live with Liver Cancer?
You can still live a happy and healthy life even if you have liver cancer. Liver cancer is a very deadly disease, and sometimes, it becomes very hard to treat it, especially in its advanced stages. In such cases, you don’t have to worry at all. You can receive your treatment according to your...
- The Signs and Symptoms of Hepatitis A
Hepatitis A is a virus or infection which leads to liver disease or inflammation of the liver.Generally, the symptoms of Hepatitis A, also known as HAV develop after four weeks upon being infected. Not everyone will experience the symptoms, especially children. Look at your GP if you think that you...
- Treatments for Liver Cancer
During liver cancer treatment, different healthcare professionals work together to come up with an overall treatment plan. The treatment plan combines different types of cancer treatment to get a successful cure. This group of doctors is called a "multidisciplinary team", which include:...