Dr. Andrew Larkin is an internist practicing in Northampton, MA. Dr. Larkin specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Larkin provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Education and Training
Harvard Med Sch, Boston Ma 1972
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- U Ma Mem Hlthcare-Univ Campus, Pulmonary Diseases; Robt Packer Hosp, Internal Medicine; U Pa Hlth Sys-Presby M C, Internal Medicine
- Robert Packer Hosp
Dr. Andrew B Larkin M.D.'s Practice location
Northampton, MA 01060Get Direction
Dr. Andrew B Larkin M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- When Could Orthopnea Mean Something More Serious?
IntroductionOrthopnea is the medical term used when referring to the occurrence of dyspnea (shortness of breath) when you are lying flat. This symptom is often a sign of heart failure. However, orthopnea can also be due to other health conditions. Dyspnea (shortness of breath) is not the same with...
- What Is the Purpose of the Hormone Prolactin?
What is prolactin?Prolactin or luteotropic hormone (LTH) is a peptide hormone, which promotes milk secretion in female mammals. This hormone also plays a significant role in pancreatic development, immune system regulation, and metabolism. When women become pregnant, their prolactin levels increase...
- What Could Pain on Top of the Foot Mean?
The foot comprises flexible structures of soft tissues, muscles, joints, and bones that enable us to stand, walk, and perform other daily movements. However, certain injuries and a number of health conditions can impair the balance and movement of the foot, causing pain and other problems.The pain...
- How Should I Choose a Shampoo?
It is normal to be confused about what to believe and what to buy when it comes to the different types of shampoos and conditioners that you see on market shelf. Some products claim to give you shiny hair, while others claim to help you achieve wavy and bouncy hair. There are hundreds of products...
- What Is IBS with Diarrhea (IBS-D)?
If you are suffering from IBS-D, you may experience belly pain that is usually associated with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and you will be forced to make several trips to the bathroom. The letter "D" stands for "diarrhea".General CausesThere is no actual cause of IBS-D. However, the following are...
- Lifting Weights Helps the Elderly to Maintain Muscle Mass
According to a recent study, people who are above 60-years-old should exercise more than younger adults to maintain healthy muscle mass. Lifting weights will help them to maintain the mass and size of muscles, reports the study. Study co-researcher and physiologist Marcas Bamman, PhD, of the...
- Dr. Tereza Hubkova MD165 Kemble Street Lenox Massachusetts 1240
- Dr. Donna Leco Mercado M.D.759 Chestnut Street Springfield Massachusetts 1199
- Bruce Meth2150 Main Street Springfield Massachusetts 01104
- Dr. Ilse R Levin DO, MPH&TM759 Chestnut St Springfield MA 01199
- Dr. Glenn F Alli MD46 Daggett Drive West Springfield MA 01089
- Dr. Alejandro Esparza-perez M.D.230 Maple St Holyoke MA 01040