Dr. Alfred Hutt is an ophthalmologist practicing in Holyoke, MA. Dr. Hutt specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Hutt can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Hutt can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
Education and Training
Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Brooklyn, Coll of Med, Brooklyn Ny 1966
SUNY Downstate Medical Center College Of Medicine 1966
State University of New York Downstate Medical Center College of Medicine 1966
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Kings County Hosp Ctr, Ophthalmology; Queen'S Med Ctr, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- SUNY Brooklyn 1967
- SUNY Health Science Center at Brooklyn Program
Dr. Alfred Hutt M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. Alfred Hutt M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- 6 Helpful Tips for Good Eye Health
Nutrients for good visionMany studies have show that nutrients, like omega-3 fatty acids, lutein, zinc, and vitamins C and E help to prevent eye disorders associated with aging.Some foods that may help to maintain eye health include:...
- How to Get Rid of a Stye: 17 Home Remedies and Treatments
What is a stye?A stye occurs when a particular strain of bacteria affects the oil gland of the eyelid. It becomes infected and causes inflammation, redness, as well as pain on the eyelid and its surrounding tissues. A stye is an inflamed swelling or circumscribed abscess. It can be treated with...
- Cataract Surgery: What is an Intraocular Lens?
When the eye’s natural lenses are removed during cataract surgery, they are replaced by artificial lenses known as intraocular lenses (IOLs). They are also used to correct a patient’s vision during a surgical procedure known as refractive lens exchange.Intraocular lenses are FDA-approved and...
- What is Dry Eye?
Dry eyes are a condition in which the eyes do not get enough moisture and lubrication from tears. It is the tears that provides constant moisture to the eyes, which is very important for comfort of viewing. It is a very common condition in the population, particularly in people above 40-years-old....
- What is Age-Related Cataracts?
When the eye lens changes with age, cataracts develop and your vision becomes blurry. A clear structure, the lens is located at the back of the pupil. Light streams in via the cornea and the lens directs it to the retina when it enters the eye.When you start to age, cataracts can begin developing,...
- Lasik Eye Surgery for Astigmatism
Astigmatism is one of the most common eye disorders affecting huge swaths of the population where the skewed curvature of the corneal surface creates blurred images of near and distant objects. In the normal course, astigmatism goes hand in hand with varying degrees of nearsightedness (myopia) and...
- Dr. John J. Papale M.D.1515 Allen Street Springfield Massachusetts 01118
- Dr. Raymond E. Hubbe M.D.40 Main St Florence MA 01062
- Dr. Bruce S Bleiman M.D.40 Main St Florence MA 01062
- Dr. Rachel Peck Sabo MDUcsd Shiley Eye Ctr La Jolla CA 92093
- Dr. Theodore John Krawiec MD75 Springfield Rd Westfield MA 01085
- Dr. Lauren Shatz M.D.40 Main St Florence MA 01062