Dr. Assuntina Sacco is a hematologist oncologist practicing in Maywood, IL. Dr. Sacco specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of blood diseases such as anemia, hemophilia, sickle-cell disease, leukemia and lymphoma. Hematologist Oncologists are also trained in the study of cancer and its attack on other organs.
Education and Training
Loyola University, Chicago, IL Medical Degree
Loyola University, Medical Center, Maywood, IL Other Degree
University of Michigan, Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI Other Degree
Medical Oncologist Medical Degree
Assistant Professor of Medicine Medical Degree
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Medical Oncology
Dr. Assuntina G Sacco MD's Practice location
Maywood, IL 60153Get Direction
ANN ARBOR, MI 48109Get Direction
La Jolla, CA 92037Get Direction
San Diego, CA 92103Get Direction
Dr. Assuntina G Sacco MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Lymphoma: The Importance of a Support System & Communication
Regardless of what’s being said, communication is something that many people struggle with in their personal relationships. Communication requires self-awareness, listening skills, and the ability to empathize and convey thoughts and feelings accurately. When people are diagnosed with chronic...
- Tips for Young Adult Lymphoma Survivors to Make the Most of Recovery
It is extremely difficult to reenter the world and normal life after battling lymphoma. Recovery is much more than the body's physical battle, but how to balance emotions and relationships as well.However, there are specific tools that can assist in adapting back into a life that may seem...
- Daughter's Donation Gives Mom with Lymphoma a Fighting Chance
Chyanne Ojageer, a 14-year-old teenager from Kissimmee, Florida, became one of the youngest bone marrow donors in the state when she donated her own bone marrow to help save her mother’s life.Neisha Ojageer, never even her wildest dreams, thought that her daughter would be the same individual to...
- Living with Lymphoma Day by Day
A majority of individuals diagnosed with lymphoma find that they have to make a great deal of adjustments to their lives. There are several physical, emotional, social, and everyday obstacles from diagnosis to remission.Living with lymphoma can be different for every individual, which is why it is...
- Nurse Donates Breast Milk for Lymphoma Patient's Baby
Ashley Chestnut, a mother of two children from La Vista, Nebraska, was breastfeeding her 5-month year old son Easton when she began to experience a sharp and sudden pain in her shoulder and chest. “All of a sudden a sharp pain in my shoulder and chest, it was like hitting a freight train. It was...
- Dance Mom Abby Lee Miller Diagnosed with Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
Abby Lee Miller, known for her brutal dance instruction and demanding style of training, is as recognized for her tirades as she is for her long-running hit reality show Dance Moms.Abby inherited the love of dance from her late mother and started her own dance company at just 14 years old. She...
- Dr. Gary Grad M.D.800 Blesterfield Road Elk Grove Illinois 60007
- Dr. Sowjanya Reganti M.D.,236 West 6th Street Reno Nevada 89503
- Dr. Nirmala Bhoopalam M.D.5000 South 5th Avenue Hines Illinois 60141
- Dr. Manuel Francisco Rosado M.D.5131 N Lincoln Ave Chicago IL 60625
- Dr. Nicklas Pfanzelter MD3400 Spruce St Philadelphia PA 19104
- Dr. Suzanne Lafollette M.D.800 Biesterfield Rd Elk Grove Village IL 60007