Dr. Susan Horowitz is a pathologist practicing in Pompano Beach, FL. Dr. Horowitz is a doctor who specializes in the study of bodily fluids and tissues. As a pathologist, Dr. Horowitz can help your primary care doctor make a diagnosis about your medical condition. Dr. Horowitz may perform a tissue biopsy to determine if a patient has cancer, practice genetic testing, and complete a number of laboratory examinations. Pathologists can also perform autopsies which can determine a persons cause of death and gain information about genetic progression of a disease.
Education and Training
Baylor College of Medicine 1982
PathologyAmerican Board of PathologyABP- Cytopathology
PathologyAmerican Board of PathologyABP- 2000
- Tulane University 1978 Phi Beta Kappa
- 1981 Alpha Omega Alpha, Medical Honor Society, Baylor College of Medicine
- Member Florida West Coast Association of Pathologists
- Member American Society of Cytopathology
- Member Florida Society of Pathologists
- Member College of American Pathologists
- Member American Society of Clinical Pathology
- Member ALPHA OMEGA ALPHA
- Member AMERIPATH SOUTH FLORIDA
- University of South Florida 1989
- University of Miami Affiliated Hospitals 1984
- University of Miami Affiliated Hospitals 1983
- University of South Florida 1985
- Baylor College of Medicine Affiliated Hospitals
- University of South Fla College of Medicine, Cytopathology, Fl, USA 1990
- CYTOPATHOLOGY, UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH FLORIDA COLLEGE OF MEDICINE, TAMPA, FL 1989
- (Cytopathology (Pathology)), UNIV OF SOUTH FL COLL OF MED, TAMPA, FL 1989
Dr. Susan Amy Horowitz M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. Susan Amy Horowitz M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What to Expect After a Biopsy
Biopsies may vary differently depending on the type and location of the tissues and how hard are they to obtain. The medical term used to describe such method is “invasiveness.” A less invasive procedure will, for example, take place in a doctor’s office the same day an abnormal tissue is...
- Mononucleosis: Am I Contagious Throughout the Duration of My Condition?
Mononucleosis is a disease that is spread through the Epstein-Barr virus. Specific details about the virus is still unknown. This virus is known to exhibit fatigue in people, accompanied by an aching body, swollen lymph nodes, and fever. This disease is known to be spread through saliva and other...
- Is Shingles Contagious? How Do You Get Shingles?
Shingles is a contagious viral infection that is caused by the varicella zoster virus, the same virus that causes chickenpox. This virus affects a particular nerve section, causing painful rashes on the skin connected to that particular nerve. The rash normally appears in a form of a band on any...
- Everything You Need to Know About Biopsy Procedures
What is a biopsy?A biopsy is a medical procedure, which is mostly used in diagnosing cancer. In this procedure, a small tissue sample is taken from your body for a closer examination under the microscope. A biopsy is usually recommended by your doctor if initial tests in your body suggest an...
- 5 Tips on Living with Mononucleosis
People with the mononucleosis (or mono) infection can live perfectly normal lives by doing what is best for them during their period of affliction. In this review, I have outlined the most essential tips on living with mononucleosis. In choosing these tips, the emphasis was focused on the well-being...
- Holistic Treatment for Cholera
Holistic Treatment for CholeraCholera is an infection that is caused by a bacterium known as Vibrio cholerae. This is a bacterium that is capable of surviving for an extremely long time, even in unpleasant environments. As a result of this factor, the bacteria can spread cholera very fast.Cholera...
- Dr. Andrea Klein Blumberg M.D.3501 Johnson St Hollywood FL 33021
- Dr. Jack Victor Chaney M.D.3501 Johnson St Hollywood FL 33021
- Dr. Nat Evan Pinnar M.D.3501 Johnson St Hollywood FL 33021
- Dr. Neil A Abrahams MD3501 Johnson St Hollywood FL 33021
- Dr. Michael Leonard Cohn M.D.3501 Johnson St Hollywood FL 33021
- Dr. Paul Allen Malek M.D.3501 Johnson St Hollywood FL 33021