Dr. Samuel M Hawken M.D.
Orthopedic Surgeon (Orthopedist) | Adult Reconstructive Orthopaedic Surgery3301 Woodburn Rd Suite 208 Annandale VA, 22003
Dr. Samuel Hawken is an orthopaedic surgeon practicing in Annandale, VA. Dr. Hawken specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries, diseases and disorders of the bodys musculoskeletal system. As an orthopaedic surgeon, Dr. Hawken tends to bones, ligaments, muscles, joints, nerves and tendons. Orthopaedic surgeons can specialize in certain areas like the hand, spine, hip, foot and ankle, shoulder and elbow or the knee.
Education and Training
Georgetown Univ Sch of Med, Washington Dc 1972
Georgetown University School of Medicine 1973
Orthopaedic SurgeryAmerican Board of Orthopaedic SurgeryABOS- Orthopaedic Sports Medicine
- Torn Meniscus
- Back Pain
- Rotator Cuff Syndrome
- Rotator Cuff Tear
- Georgetown Univ Hosp, Orthopedic Surgery; Harborview Med Ctr, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- Georgetown University Hospital, St. Christopher's Hospital for Children 1977
- HARBORVIEW MEDICAL CENTER
Dr. Samuel M Hawken M.D.'s Practice location
Annandale, VA 22003Get Direction
Dr. Samuel M Hawken M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Hawken
- What Is Saddle Paresthesia?
Saddle ParesthesiaA set of severe sciatica symptoms are described in saddle paresthesia. These symptoms can occur in the buttocks, perineum, and groin. Sometimes, this condition is also referred to as saddle anesthesia. When there is a sensation of tingling and numbness in the affected area, the...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- What Is a Charley Horse?
What is a charley horse?A charley horse is a term used when referring to a muscle cramp or spasm. Although muscle cramps can occur in any muscle in the body, they are commonly experienced in the leg. In a muscle spasm, the muscle uncontrollably contracts and does not relax. When the contracting...
- Scoliosis Pain: Treatment, Management, and Exercises
Scoliosis is a serious condition that often occurs more in females than in males. The condition itself can be hard to diagnose at the start, which is why the healthcare professional will subject the patient to several tests, including asking them to touch their toes as well as to find out if their...
- Are There Risks to a Spinal Stenosis Surgery?
Like any other surgical procedure, spinal stenosis surgery has its own risks and possible complications. However, if performed correctly by professional medical staff, the possibility of any complication after the surgery is low.The potential risks and possible complications following a spinal...
- Levator Scapulae Muscle: Function, Trigger Points, and Anatomy
Levator Scapulae MuscleThe levator scapulae is a long muscle, which is located at the back and side of the neck. It is known to end at the top of the shoulder. Its Latin name indicates its function of lifting the scapula. Regardless of muscular development, this long muscle is difficult to see. It...
- A. Brion Gardner8525 Rolling Rd Manassas VA 20110
- Dr. William A. McNamara MD6000 Executive Blvd Rockville MD 20852
- Dr. Edward G. Magur M.D.5454 WISCONSIN AVE CHEVY CHASE MD 20815
- Dr. Richard Leo Gaertner MD133 MAPLE AVE E VIENNA VA 22180
- Dr. Usman Zahir MD7811 MONTROSE RD STE 340 POTOMAC MD 20854
- Dr. Tariq A Nayfeh M.D.7811 MONTROSE RD STE 340 POTOMAC MD 20854