Dr. Marilyn Irene Steele MD
Gastroenterologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Gastroenterology1200 N Phillips Ave Suite 9500 Oklahoma City OK, 73104
Dr. Marilyn Steele is a pediatric gastroenterologist practicing in Oklahoma City, OK. Dr. Steele specializes in digestive system, liver or nutritional problems in children from the newborn period to their teens. Conditions such as irritable bowel syndrome, lactose intolerance, chronic constipation or obesity can all be treated by a pediatric gastroenterologist.
Education and Training
Univ of Tx Med Branch Galveston, Galveston Tx 1981
Texas A&M University, TX 1981
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Pediatric Gastroenterology
- Characterization of the mmsAB operon of Pseudomonas aeruginosa PAO encoding methylmalonate-semialdehyde dehydrogenase and 3-hydroxyisobutyrate dehydrogenase.
- Maturational changes in terminal glycosylation of small intestinal microvillar proteins in the rat.
- Reovirus 3 not detected by reverse transcriptase-mediated polymerase chain reaction analysis of preserved tissue from infants with cholestatic liver disease.
- Celiac Disease
- Crohn's Disease
- Acid Reflux
- Univ Ok Hlth Sci Ctr, Pediatrics
- University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center Program
Dr. Marilyn Irene Steele MD's Practice location
Oklahoma City, OK 73104Get Direction
Dr. Marilyn Irene Steele MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Steele
- What You Need to Know About Incisional Hernias
What is a Hernia?A hernia is a medical condition that results from tissue or organs protruding through the abdominal walls. This protrusion is due to a weakness or hole in a muscle. The condition might start without any symptoms, but can lead to serious problems like death if left unattended. Hernia...
- Caring for a Child with Celiac Disease
Have you ever wondered why your child has difficulty in gaining weight, or maybe he or she is not gaining weight at all? Does your child experience abdominal pain, bloating, or even diarrhea when they eat foods with wheat, barley, rye, and the like? Is your child always weak and sickly? If he or she...
- The Rotavirus Vaccination is Not Associated With Intestinal Disorders
Many doctors still dread to recommend rotavirus vaccination thinking that it may increase the chances of bowel blockage, known as intussusceptions, in children. Many studies have shown that vaccination can considerably reduce the number of hospitalizations due to severe diarrhea in infants. One of...
- How is Cholera Diagnosed?
How is Cholera Diagnosed?Cholera is an acute bacteria disease caused by a bacterium called Vibrio cholerae. Infection with the cholera bacteria can lead to severe vomiting and diarrhea and finally electrolyte loss or dehydration. If not treated, cholera can, in many cases, result in death.In order...
- Celiac Disease May Shadow Type 1 Diabetes
A recent study has found that celiac disease may follow Type 1 diabetes, and it has found that children have a greater risk of having celiac disease auto-antibodies, which may then result in the disorder.According to Dr. William Hagopian, type 1 diabetes and celiac disease are closely related...
- Epigastric Hernia: Get the Facts
A hernia is a condition in which some part of an internal organ grows through an opening and protrudes to some other area, thereby altering its normal location.There are many types of hernia, but the epigastric hernia is the most common form. An epigastric hernia occurs when abdominal tissue...
- Dr. Thomas Joseph Sferra MD1200 N Phillips Ave Oklahoma City OK 73104
- Dr. Camilla Fraga-lovejoy MD1200 Everett Dr Oklahoma City OK 73104
- Dr. Candaca M Marshall MD1200 N Phillips Ave Oklahoma City OK 73104
- Mr. Muhammad A. Altaf M.D.1200 N Phillips Ave Oklahoma City OK 73104
- Dr. Judith Ann O'connor M.D.1200 N PHILLIPS AVE STE 14400 OKLAHOMA CITY OK 73104
- Dr. John E Grunow MD1200 N Phillips Ave Oklahoma City OK 73104