Dr. Michael P Kurtz M.D.
Urologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Urology300 LONGWOOD AVE BOSTON MA, 02115
Dr. Michael Kurtz practices Pediatric Urology in Boston, MA. Pediatric urologists treat young patients who suffer from an illness or disease of the genitals or urinary tract, including the kidneys, ureters, bladder. As a pediatric urologist, Dr. Kurtz is a surgeon who diagnoses, treats, and manages voiding disorders, vesicoureteral reflux, and urinary tract infections that require surgery. Some procedures that Dr. Kurtz performs include surgical reconstruction of the urinary tract, hypospadias, and disorders of sex development; surgery for groin conditions in childhood; evaluation and surgical management of kidney stone disease; and surgical management of tumors and malignancies of the kidney, bladder, and testis.
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Perineal adenocarcinoma thirty years after proctocolectomy: report of a case.
- Use of platelet-derived growth factor for delayed perineal wound healing in patients with inflammatory bowel disease: a case series.
- Accuracy of orchidometry in boys with varicocele.
- Re: Evaluation and Management of the Adolescent Varicocele: T. F. Kolon J Urol 2015; 194: 1194-1201.
- Short-term outcomes of the multi-institutional bladder exstrophy consortium: Successes and complications in the first two years of collaboration.
- The Dilemma of Adolescent Varicoceles: Do They Really Have to Be Repaired?
- What Can we Learn (and What Can't we Learn) from Observational Studies of Adolescent Varicocele Treatment?
Dr. Michael P Kurtz M.D.'s Practice location
Boston, MA 02114Get Direction
BOSTON, MA 02115Get Direction
Dr. Michael P Kurtz M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Kurtz
- Causes and Helpful Tips for Enuresis (Bedwetting)
What is enuresis?Enuresis, also called nocturnal enuresis, is the medical term for bedwetting or urinating during sleep. Bedwetting is usually part of a child’s development. It is fairly common among children and is slightly more common in boys.Most children outgrow bedwetting without any...
- How to Prepare for Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy refers to a surgical procedure done for the purpose of repairing or removing a hydrocele, a buildup of watery fluid around one or both testicles. This sac swells as fluid accumulates, causing discomfort but usually no pain. Since hydrocelectomy involves a sensitive part of the...
- What Is an Orchiopexy Surgery?
Orchiopexy is a surgical procedure that corrects the position of undescended testicles inside the scrotum. Orchiopexy is performed to male children to correct cryptorchidism, a medical term used for any undescended testicles. Orchiopexy can also be performed to male adults or adolescents, which may...
- What Is The Point of a Circumcision?
What Is The Point of a Circumcision?Circumcision is one of the oldest social and cultural practices of man. Its origin is not known, but centuries of the removal of the foreskin has been practiced by many communities. Different communities hold various beliefs concerning circumcision.Some consider...
- What Are the Risks of Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy, also called hydrocele repair, is a surgical procedure that aims to remove or repair a hydrocele, a sac of fluid that forms around a testicle, causing swelling and pain.Hydrocelectomy is like all other surgeries—risky, and one may get hurt during the procedure, react to the...
- Understanding Hernia and Hernia Surgery
Feeling pain and swelling in the groin region can be a very unpleasant experience, especially when the pain gets worse when you cough or lift heavy objects. Experiencing these symptoms might signify the presence of groin hernia. A groin hernia is usually referred to in medical terms as an inguinal...
- Dr. Paul Jacob Kokorowski M.D.300 Longwood Ave Boston MA 02115
- Dr. Katherine Hubert Chan M.D.300 LONGWOOD AVE BOSTON MA 02115
- Dr. Hiep Nguyen MD300 Longwood Ave Boston MA 02115
- Dr. Michaella Maloney Prasad M.D.75 Francis Street Boston MA 02115
- Dr. Richard N Yu M.D, PH.D.300 Longwood Ave Boston MA 02115
- Andrea Krichelle Balthazar M.D.300 LONGWOOD AVE BOSTON MA 02115