Phone: Fax: Privileges:
Education and Training
Universidad Central del Este (UCE) Facultad de Medicina 1983
- Cerebrovascular Disease
- Vascular Disease
- Permanent Removal Of Ingrown Toenails
- Wayne State University School of Medicine Program
Dr. Rafael Santana M.D.'s Practice location
Atlanta, GA 30342Get Direction
Dr. Rafael Santana M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Santana
- What Is Hib Meningitis?
Hib meningitis is an infectious disease that is life-threatening. The disease is characterized by inflammation of the surrounding layers of the spinal cord and the brain. The meninges are layers that assist in protecting the brain from infection and injury. Children who are below 4 years old are the...
- What Is Nicotine?
IntroductionNicotine is an alkaloid stimulant that comes from the nightshade family of plants, particularly from the leaves of tobacco. The type of nicotine found in tobacco plants is called Nicotiana tabacum. Nicotine can also be synthetically produced. Thousands of chemicals are contained in...
- What Is a Bruise?
IntroductionBruises, also known as contusions, appear due to certain types of trauma. Bruises are formed when the body’s soft tissues are injured due to bumps, twists, fall, or blow to the body. This injury causes tiny blood vessels and small veins to break and release red blood cells (RBCs)...
- 10 Natural Ways to Lower Your Blood Sugar
High blood sugar, also known as hyperglycemia, happens when blood glucose is abnormally high due to your body’s improper use of insulin or when your body cannot produce insulin. It mainly affects people with diabetes. Food intake, sedentary lifestyle, illnesses, and not taking the prescribed...
- Do I Have a Sleep Disorder?
Do I Have a Sleep Disorder?Sleep normally follows a pattern that alternates between rapid eye movement (REM) sleep and non-REM sleep. Changes in this pattern affect sleep resulting in disorders that may lead to tiredness and lack of concentration and attention during day time. Sleep can be disrupted...
Oliguria is a medical term used when referring to a decreased urine output. Oliguria is considered when a person’s urine output is less than 400 mL in a 24-hour period. When it comes to infants, oliguria occurs when the urine output is less than 0.5 mL/kg/hr for 24 hours. Anuria is the absence...
- Dr. Pragna Patel M.D., M.P.H827 Inman Village Pkwy NE Atlanta Georgia 30307
- Dr. Andrew Pugliese MD6916 McGinnis Ferry Road Suwanee Georgia 30024
- Dr. Lewin G. Chuachiaco MD3650 Steve Reynolds Blvd. Duluth Georgia 30069
- Dr. Adeyosoye T. Dawodu M.D.3040 Peachtree Road Atlanta GA 30305
- Dr. Richard Kauffman M.D.3200 Downwood Cir NW Atlanta Georgia 30327
- Nicolas Bakinde720 West View Drive Southwest Atlanta Georgia 30310