Dr. James Mccabe practices Pulmonology in Peoria, IL. A pulmonologist is a physician who possesses specialized knowledge and skill in the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary conditions and diseases. Dr. Mccabe manages patients who need life support and mechanical ventilation, and is specially trained in diseases and conditions of the chest, particularly pneumonia, asthma, tuberculosis, emphysema, and complicated chest infections.
Dr. James J Mccabe MD's Practice location
Peoria, IL 61614Get Direction
Dr. James J Mccabe MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Can My Child Develop COPD?
Can COPD Develop in Children?By definition, COPD is a serious lung condition that has developed over a long period of time. Numerous studies explained that children cannot have COPD; however, the disease process can begin at a young age.One can observe the symptoms associated with COPD in a child,...
- Cough Medicine for Cystic Fibrosis
Medications for cystic fibrosis can help control the mucus in the lungs and keep the lungs’ normal functioning as much as possible. What is cystic fibrosis?Cystic fibrosis is a genetic disease known to affect the cells that make mucus, digestive fluids, and sweat. Usually, these fluids are thin...
- Croup in Adults
Croup in AdultsAlthough croup is commonly observed in children who are 6 months to 3 years old, it is also possible for adults to get the infection in rare cases. Croup is a viral respiratory infection caused by human parainfluenza viruses (HPIVs). However, other causes of croup may include...
- Is Legionnaires' Disease a Serious Medical Condition?
Legionella bacteriaLegionnaires' disease is a type of pneumonia that is in its most severe form. The disease occurs due to a bacterial infection caused by a bacteria called legionella and mainly results in the inflammation of the lungs. The bacteria are known to thrive commonly in areas such as...
- Causes and Treatments of Croup (Barking Cough)
What is a barking cough?The medical term for a barking cough is croup. It is a medical condition that tends to irritate a child's upper airways. It can also be used to describe the inflammation of the larynx and trachea in children. There are a variety of reasons or inflammatory conditions, which...
- Why Is the Average Cystic Fibrosis Lifespan Longer in Canada than in the United States?
The developed world has seen a strong increase in both the lifespan and quality of life for individuals diagnosed with cystic fibrosis. In both the United States and Canada, better treatment options and earlier diagnosis have made living with the chronic illness much more manageable.Interestingly,...
- Dr. Michael Leroy Peil M.D.1001 Main St Peoria IL 61606
- Dr. Rajesh Balagani DON2950 State Road 67 Lake Geneva WI 53147
- Dr. Ossama Ikladios MD1001 Main St Peoria IL 61606
- Dr. Jeremiah Edward Crabb M.D.1001 Main St Peoria IL 61606
- Dr. Patrick E Whitten M.D.1001 Main St Peoria IL 61606
- Dr. W Anthony Sauder M.D.1001 Main St Peoria IL 61606