Dr. Basil Lester Pugh MD
Anesthesiologist76 Peachtree Rd Suite 300 Asheville NC, 28803
Dr. Basil Pugh is an anesthesiologist practicing in Asheville, NC. Dr. Pugh ensures the safety of patients who are about to undergo surgery. Anestesiologists specialize in general anesthesia, which will (put the patient to sleep), sedation, which will calm the patient or make him or her unaware of the situation, and regional anesthesia, which just numbs a specific part of the body. As an anesthesiologist, Dr. Pugh also might help manage pain after an operation.
Education and Training
Wv Univ Sch of Med, Morgantown Wv 1982
AnesthesiologyAmerican Board of AnesthesiologyABA
- Acid-binding capacity of dialyzed mucin fractions from human gastric juice.
- Studies in diabetes mellitus. IV. Life history of three persons with relatively mild, stable diabetes, and relation of significant experiences in their lives to the onset and course of the disease.
- A new modification of the hemoglobin technic for the determination of pepsin in gastric juice adapted for a wide range of values.
- Observations on the treatment of human gastric and colonic mucus with lysozyme.
- Correlation of acid, pepsin and mucoprotein secretion by human gastric glands.
- West Virginia Univ Hosps, Anesthesiology; Naval Hospital, Flexible Or Transitional Year
Dr. Basil Lester Pugh MD's Practice location
Asheville, NC 28803Get Direction
Dr. Basil Lester Pugh MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Pugh
- Pete Davidson of SNL Quits Weed After Smoking for Crohn's
Pete Davidson is a 24-year-old American actor and comedian. He is also the youngest cast member on Saturday Night Live (SNL).Davidson opened up about his decision to quit smoking weed on an Instagram post – “just wanted to let you guys know I’m okay. I know I’ve kinda been missing, on social...
- Living with Gout
Due to excessive uric acid in the blood, the solution solidifies and creates crystals in the joints, leading to gout. The condition is characterized by sudden pain in the joints, as well as swelling and stiffness of the affected joints. The most common symptom is a sharp pain that occurs in your big...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- Dr. Tiffany Brooke Mueller M.D.1701 N George Mason Dr Arlington VA 22205
- Dr. William Taylor hill Jones M.D.5 Crowningway Dr Asheville NC 28804
- Dr. Francois J Archambault M.D.2430 Emerald Pl Greenville NC 27834
- Dr. John Frederick Camp MD1000 Blythe Blvd Charlotte NC 28203
- Dr. Glen Scott Gettinger MD76 Peachtree Rd Asheville NC 28803
- Dr. Mcarthur Walker MD800 N Justice St Hendersonville NC 28791