Dr. Michelle Hicks practices Emergency Medicine in Atlanta, GA. Dr. Hicks assesses patients who seek immediate medical attention at any time of day or night. Emergency Medicine Physicians are trained to efficiently work with each patient and situation no matter how acute or life-threatening. Dr. Hicks examines patients, determines means of testing, diagnoses conditions, and decides the best treatment methods.
Dr. Michelle Hicks D.O.'s Practice location
Atlanta, GA 30328Get Direction
Dr. Michelle Hicks D.O.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Chikungunya Fever: Symptoms, Treatment, and Prevention
Introduction Chikungunya is a viral infection that is transmitted by mosquitoes. The chikungunya virus causes a sudden onset of fever along with severe joint pain. The illness is not considered as contagious, but in rare instances, the virus can get transmitted through contact with a person's...
- What Causes Dehydration?
Humans have approximately 60 percent of water in the body. Even if 1.5-2 percent of that water is lost, mild dehydration will start, which can lead to severe dehydration requiring immediate medical attention. Because your mood, energy level, and coordination deteriorate with the loss of body fluids,...
- What Could Uncontrollable Shivering Mean?
Uncontrollable shivering is characterized by the rapid shifting between muscle relaxation and contraction. It is through these contractions that the body warms itself up when exposed to cold. Shivering is not always accompanied by fever. In some cases, shivering may occur before the onset of...
- What Is Cat Scratch Fever?
IntroductionCat scratch fever or cat scratch disease is a bacterial infection spread by cats. You can get the cat scratch fever from a scratch or bite of a cat that is infected with the bacterium called Bartonella henselae. Aside from the infected cat’s scratch, you can also acquire the infection...
- What Is a Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)?
OverviewA transient ischemic attack (TIA) is a mini-stroke, which only lasts for a few minutes. It occurs when blood stops flowing to a part of the brain for a short time. The symptoms of TIA are similar to other symptoms of stroke, but they do not last long, so TIA does not lead to permanent...
- What is the encephalitis causes and prevention?
What is encephalitis?Encephalitis means inflammation of the brain. Fever, headache, and joint pain are often experienced in the early stages of encephalitis. Other severe symptoms may develop over some days or hours. They include personality changes, seizures, disorientation, confusion, or...
- Dr. Travan K Jasper MD1170 Cleveland Ave Atlanta GA 30344
- Dr. Adrianne E. Sever MD80 Jesse Hill Jr Dr Se Atlanta GA 30303
- Dr. Reginald Ashley Orr MD4802 10th ave Brooklyn NY 11219
- Dr. Jann Lou Blanton MD1968 Peachtree Road Nw Atlanta GA 30309
- Dr. Matthew T Keadey MD531 Asbury Circle-Annex Atlanta GA 30322
- Dr. Vida M. Reklaitis M.D.1000 Johnson Ferry Rd NE Atlanta GA 30342