Dr. Michael Grant Somermeyer M.D.
Nephrologist (Kidney Specialist) | Nephrology6200 Shingle Creek Pkwy Suite 300 Minneapolis MN, 55430
Dr. Michael Somermeyer is a nephrologist practicing in Minneapolis, MN. Dr. Somermeyer specializes in the care and treatment of the kidneys. As a nephrologist, Dr. Somermeyer most typically treats conditions like kidney stones, chronic kidney disease, acute renal failure, polycystuc kidney disease, high blood pressure and more. Nephrologists are also experts on kidney transplantation and dialysis. They are usually referred to by primary care physicians for problems related to the kidneys, and while they can perform tests to diagnose kidney disorders, they do not perform surgeries.
Education and Training
Univ Of Ia Coll Of Med- Iowa City Ia 1977
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 1977
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Critical Care Medicine
- 2012 Mpls.St.Paul Super Doctors
- Kidney Problems
- Univ Of Mi Hosps & Hlth Ctrs, Nephrology; Univ Ok Hlth Sci Ctr, Internal Medicine
- University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center
- University of Michigan Program
Dr. Michael Grant Somermeyer M.D.'s Practice location
Minneapolis, MN 55430Get Direction
Minneapolis, MN 55422Get Direction
Dr. Michael Grant Somermeyer M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Somermeyer
- What is Lupus?
Lupus is a chronic inflammatory autoimmune disease that attacks the body’s healthy cells, tissues, and organs. The inflammation can damage the skin, joints, kidneys, lungs, heart, brain, and blood vessels.Normally, the body’s immune system produces antibodies. These antibodies protect and fight...
- What Is Shivering: 15 Conditions That Might Cause Chills
What is shivering?Exposure to cold or rapid shifts in temperature usually causes uncontrollable shivering. However, many other possible causes can cause shivering or chills. An uncontrollable shivering that persists for a longer time may indicate an underlying illness that requires immediate medical...
- The 3 Types of Urinary Tract Infections
Urinary tract infections (UTIs) are common worldwide, among both men and women, and they can occur at all ages. However, women are more likely to develop urinary tract infections than men. A UTI is caused by a bacterial infection in the urinary tract. When bacteria enter the urinary tract, they are...
- What Could Swollen Feet Mean?
Swollen feet can be easily linked to pregnancy, standing for long hours, or injury by most people. These cases are often temporary and not a cause for concern. However, swollen feet can also be experienced by people without these factors and can be a sign of an underlying medical condition,...
- Blood in Urine: What is a Urine Test?
When you pee and see a stream of rusty red urine, the sight fills you with a sense of dread. You suspect that the discoloration is due to the presence of blood. A pungent odor may fuel the anxiety. The only way to confirm suspicions is through a urinalysis recommended by a primary caregiver. A...
- What Is Rhabdomyolysis: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, and Treatment
IntroductionRhabdomyolysis is a complex medical condition that involves a rapid destruction of the skeletal muscle tissues along with the release of muscle proteins and other muscle cell contents to leak outside of the cells and into the bloodstream. This leakage includes the following muscle...
- Dr. Barbara Sue Daniels M.D.University Of Minnesota Physicians Minneapolis MN 55455
- Dr. Mary Tahnk-johnson MD6490 Excelsior Blvd Minneapolis MN 55426
- Dr. Hassan Nimer Ibrahim M.B., B.S.516 Delaware Street Se, Pwb Second Floor, Clinic 2a Minneapolis MN 55455
- Dr. Marc Weber MD516 Delaware Street Se, Pwb, Clinic 2a Minneapolis MN 55455
- Dr. Arkady Synhavsky M.D.2085 Rice St Saint Paul MN 55113
- Dr. Naim S Issa M.D.516 Delaware Street Se, Pwb Second Floor, Clinic 2a Minneapolis MN 55455