Dr. Kathleen Bray Shaffer M.D.
Pediatrician8800 W. 75th Street Suite 220 Overland Park KS, 66204
Dr. Kathleen Shaffer is a pediatrician practicing in Overland Park, KS. Dr. Shaffer is a doctor who specializes in the health care of children. As a pedicatrician, Dr. Shaffer diagnoses and treats infections, injuries, diseases and other disorders in children. Pediatricians typically work with infants, children, teenagers and young adults up to age 21. They practice medical care as well as preventative health care. Dr. Shaffer can oversee and manage the physical, mental and emotional health of their patients.
Education and Training
University of Pennsylvania, PA 1979
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
- Ear Infection
Dr. Kathleen Bray Shaffer M.D.'s Practice location
Overland Park, KS 66204Get Direction
Dr. Kathleen Bray Shaffer M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Shaffer
- How to Protect Your Child from Getting Head Lice in School
Head lice are grayish insects that feed on human blood extracted from the scalp. Female lice release sticky substances that attach all eggs to specific hair shafts. Eggs are laid a few millimeters from the shaft - an environment that offers the idyllic temperature for incubation.Everyone who comes...
- Treatments for Jaundice
Treatments are only necessary when the patient has extremely high levels of bilirubin in the blood. Most babies suffering from jaundice don’t require treatments because their blood’s bilirubin levels are often low. Under such conditions, the symptoms often improve with a period of two weeks and...
- What Is Jaundice: Get the Facts
Jaundice is the yellowish color that often appears on the skin of newborns. This condition develops when bilirubin builds up in the baby’s blood. While pregnant, the mother’s liver gets rid of the infant’s bilirubin; however, after birth, the child’s liver eliminates the bilirubin on its...
- Obese Children Can Reduce Their Risk for Heart Disease
In a new study, researchers analyzed data from four different studies to see if childhood obesity results in an increased risk of heart disease and other health problems. Results of the study, published in The New England Journal of Medicine, showed that obese children who cut down weight and reach...
- Tdap Vaccine for Whooping Cough
The Tdap vaccine protects the body from three diseases: tetanus, diphtheria, and whooping cough....
- Is It a Mistake to Give Melatonin to Children with Autism?
Dr. David Clark, the Director of the Center for Autism Recovery in Dallas, TX believes that it is a mistake to give melatonin to children with autism.Melatonin has received recent attention for helping people get to sleep easier. It is made by a gland in the brain that seems to elicit sleep hormones...
- Dr. Sergey Shushunov MD3901 Rainbow Blvd. Kansas City KS 66103
- Dr. Alan W Clement M.D.2040 Hutton Rd Kansas City KS 66109
- Dr. Charles Vincent Moylan MD4400 Broadway St Kansas City MO 64111
- Dr. Mary C Nagy M.D.1004 Carondelet Dr Kansas City MO 64114
- Dr. Emily L Riegel M.D.University Of Kansas City Medical Center, 3901 Rainbow Kansas City KS 66160
- Dr. Monica R Pierson MD5808 W 110th St Leawood KS 66211