Dr. Mohamad Al-massalkhi M.D.
Sleep Medicine Specialist | Sleep Medicine5140 N California Ave Chicago IL, 60625
Dr. Mohamad Al-massalkhi practices Sleep Medicine in Chicago, IL. Dr. Al-massalkhi studies, diagnoses, and treats sleep disturbances and disorders due to varying factors. Sleep Medicine Physicians are trained to treat many different conditions, including insomnia, narcolepsy, sleep apnea, idiopathic hypersomnia, menstrual-related hypersomnia, and circadian rhythm disturbances, among others.
Education and Training
University Of Damascus Faculty Of Med Damascus Syria MD
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Pulmonary Disease
- Chicago Medical School-PUL
Dr. Mohamad Al-massalkhi M.D.'s Practice location
Chicago, IL 60625Get Direction
ORLAND PARK, IL 60462Get Direction
- What Specialists Treat Restless Legs Syndrome?
Restless legs syndrome (RLS) triggers an overwhelming desire to move the legs and manifests an irritating sensation on the legs as well. The sensation might also affect your face, arms, and chest. Restless legs syndrome is a serious, but curable condition. The feeling can be experienced as:...
- The Connection Between Sleep Disorders and Schizophrenia
Schizophrenia, a complex and chronic mental illness, is often characterized by distorted cognition, abnormal social behaviors, and trouble distinguishing reality from unreality. Although individuals can develop schizophrenia at any age, it most commonly emerges in men and women during adulthood....
- New Findings Reveal Inflammation Occurs Before Sleep Apnea Develops
If a person has shallow breaths or has one or more pauses in breathing while he or she sleeps, then that may be because of sleep apnea. Sleep apnea is a kind of disorder when the upper airway is occasionally hampered during a person’s sleep. According to the National Heart, Lung, and Blood...
- How Is Insomnia Diagnosed?
Insomnia is the inability to sleep that people of all ages can experience. It may be caused by a wide range of factors including physical discomfort or psychological problems. There is a direct relationship between insomnia and psychosocial factors. Factors such as increased age, conflicts with...
- Restless Legs Syndrome: The Treatment Options
Restless legs syndrome that’s not connected to an underlying condition whatsoever, can effectively be managed with certain medications and lifestyle changes. However, if the accompanying symptoms are extremely severe, they can be cured by treating the underlying condition. For instance, iron...
- Why Obstructive Sleep Apnea is More Common with Diabetes
An estimated eighty percent of people with Type II diabetes will also have sleep apnea. The common denominator between the two tends to be being overweight, which when combined with stress and a lack of sleep creates a powerful cocktail that leads to one or the other and the possibility of...
- Dr. Erika S Kahan M.D.2800 N Sheridan Rd Chicago IL 60657
- Dr. Oksana V Shulzhenko M.D.800 BIESTERFIELD RD ELK GROVE VILLAGE IL 60007
- Dr. Jeff Charles Rastatter M.D.225 E. CHICAGO AVE., #25 CHICAGO IL 60611
- Dr. Vadim Leyenson MD2800 N Sheridan Rd Chicago IL 60657
- Dr. Peter C Freebeck M.D.700 E Ogden Ave Westmont IL 60559
- Dr. Nidhi Undevia MD2160 S 1st Ave Maywood IL 60153