Dr. Brian Lilien is an oral and maxillofacial surgeon practicing in Gilbert and Phoenix, AZ. Dr. Lilien specializes in the treatment of problems related to the face, mouth and jaws. As an oral and maxillofacial surgeon, Dr. Lilien is a unique dental specialist who can provide emergency medicine, perform general surgery and give anesthesia. These medical doctors are the only type of medical care specialists who can administer anesthesia, besides anesthesiologists. Typical procedures performed by Dr. Lilien are tooth extractions, especially wisdom teeth, corrective jaw surgery, cleft palate surgery and reconstructive surgery after an injury. Oral and maxillofacial surgeons can also perform dental work including placing dental implants and a variety of bone grafting procedure. These surgeons might also deal with conditions of sleep apnea, oral cancers and more. His practice specializes in state of the art digital diagnostics and implant systems.
Education and Training
Univ. of the Pacific Dental DDS 1988
Univ of Calif. San Francisco Certificate Hospital Dentistry 1989
Loyola Univ Medical Center Certificate Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery 1993
Occidental College BS in Biology 1984
National Dental Board of Anesthesiology
Areas of expertise and specialization
- Extraction Of Wisdom Tooth
- Extractions & Biopsies
- Bone Graft / Oral Surgery
- Extractions, Simple And Surgical (not Impacted)
- Implant Dentistry (implantology)
- American Society of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Dental Association
- American Dental Society of Anesthesiology
- Arizona Dental Association
- Loyola University Medical Center Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 1993
- Loyola Univ. Medical Center
Experience & Accolades
- Owner/Surgeon1993 - 1999Grayslake Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Owner/surgeon2007Dental Specialty Associates
- Surgeon1999 - 2007Southwest Dental Group
- Honor Health
Dr. Brian A Lilien DDS's Practice location
Gilbert, AZ 85295Get Direction
phoenix, az 85018Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Brian A Lilien DDS | Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon | Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Brian A Lilien DDS's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Lilien
- How is Bursitis Diagnosed?
What are the signs and symptoms of bursitis?Bursitis symptoms are there because of the amount of inflammation in the bursa, as well as the exact area of the bursa involved. The swelling causes pain and tenderness in the bursa. When the bursa is so swollen, then it can cause stiffness along with...
- Evidence for Gum Disease Causing Heart Disease is Dwindling
The American Heart Association released a new statement stating that there is no conclusive evidence to support the relationship between gum disease and heart problems, and that treating gum disease can improve heart conditions. Gum disease is a major contributor to tooth loss and decay in adults....
- How Long Will I Not Be Able to See After Undergoing Blepharoplasty?
Blepharoplasty, or eyelid surgery as it's commonly known, is performed to correct droopy upper and/or lower eyelids and under-eye bags. The surgery may be performed for functional or medical reasons. Functional blepharoplasty corrects problems related to upper eyelids that sag or droop enough to...
- Cold Sores vs. Canker Sores
Cold sores, also called oral herpes, are highly contagious fluid-filled blisters on the lips and around the mouth. In most cases, cold sores are not that serious, but they can be life-threatening for people who have a weakened immune system such as people with AIDS. On the other hand, canker sores,...
- What Could Jaw Pain Mean?
Introduction Jaw pain is described as an uncomfortable, painful, and debilitating condition that can have a sudden or gradual onset. The exact symptoms also depend on the underlying cause of jaw pain. When a person has jaw pain, it can significantly affect his or her ability to speak and consume...
- Different Conditions Treated by an Oral Surgeon
What is an oral surgeon?An oral surgeon, also called as an oral and maxillofacial surgeon, is a specialist trained in the detection, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of oral diseases. Aside from the usual dentistry services, oral surgeons also handle facial pain or injuries, broken jaws, dental...
- Dr. Edward H Christensen D.D.S.2855 E Brown Rd Mesa AZ 85213
- Dr. Spencer Grant Wilson D.D.S.1355 S Higley Rd Gilbert AZ 85296
- Donovan Hansen D.D.S.3329 E Baseline Rd Gilbert AZ 85234
- Dr. Jeffrey Scott Bobst DDS2500 Metrohealth Dr Cleveland OH 44109
- Dr. Nish S Shah MD2450 W Ray Rd Chandler AZ 85224
- Dr. David W Crouthamel DDS800 W Chandler Blvd Chandler AZ 85225