Dr. Janice Schweitzer is a family practitioner practicing in Johnson City, TN. Dr. Schweitzer specializes in comprehensive health care for people of all ages. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, family practitioners also put focus on preventative care with routine checkups, tests and personalized coaching on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Schweitzer possesses immense general knowledge on maintaining health and today, family practitioners provide more care for the underserved and rural populations than any other medical specialty.
Education and Training
Univ of Mo-Kansas City Sch of Med, Kansas City Mo 1979
Kansas City University of Medicine & Biosciences - College of Osteopathic Medicine 1979
University of Pennsylvania, PA 1979
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
- Ear Infection
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (copd)
- Urinary Tract Infection (uti)
- St Francis Hosp Inc, Family Medicine; St Louis Univ Hosp, Neurology
- St Louis University Group of Hospitals Program
Dr. Janice B. Schweitzer M.D.'s Practice location
Johnson City, TN 37604Get Direction
Johnson City, TN 37604Get Direction
Dr. Janice B. Schweitzer M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Causes Constipation?
What is constipation?Constipation is defined as not being able to pass stools in a regular manner, or being unable to fully empty your bowels. Most people experience constipation only for a short period of time. However, it can be a chronic condition to some.Chronic constipation can result in...
- All About Addison's Disease
What is Addison’s disease?One of the ways in which the body maintains proper balance is by using certain chemical messengers called as hormones. This done so to regulate various functions in the body. There is a small adrenal gland present above each kidney. These glands work to produce hormones,...
- When and How Is Ferrous Sulfate Used?
What is ferrous sulfate?Ferrous sulfate is a form of iron that can be obtained through supplements. Our bodies mostly get iron through the different types of food we consume. Iron becomes a part of myoglobin and hemoglobin once it is inside the body. Myoglobin enables the storage of oxygen in...
- Treatments for Sinusitis
Sinusitis is a common infection, although most people who suffer from the condition use ineffective treatments. Before going to the pharmacy, you should first learn about the appropriate treatment for your condition.Sinuses are tiny openings found in the skull and are usually filled with air. They...
- What Causes Diarrhea?
Diarrhea is the frequent flow of loose, watery stool through the intestines causing muscle contraction and abdominal pain. Stool follows its path through the anus and gets watery when the digestive system consumes too much fluid or gets infected with viruses, bacteria, or parasites. A loose stool...
- What Causes Testicular Cancer?
If you were to pose this simple question to your doctor, you would get the response that science does not know for sure what triggers cancer in the testes. But if you were to dig a little deeper, you may be drawn into a discussion on chromosomes and genes, the basic building blocks of life, and how...
- Dr. Christina R Hutchins M.D.3114 Browns Mill Rd Johnson City TN 37604
- Dr. Cynthia A Logan MD1021 W Oakland Ave Johnson City TN 37604
- Dr. Michael P Kauzlarich D.O.121 E. Ravine Road Kingsport TN 37660
- Dr. Arthur Morgan Boyd MD444 Clinchfield Street Kingsport TN 37660
- Dr. Michael E Jewett M.D.121 E Main St Jonesborough TN 37659
- Dr. Kevin D Misischia DO444 Clinchfield Street Kingsport TN 37660