Dr. Richard Earl Edwards M.D.
Family Practitioner1525 Oak Park Blvd Lake Charles LA, 70601
Dr. Richard Edwards is a family practitioner practicing in Lake Charles, LA. Dr. Edwards specializes in comprehensive health care for people of all ages. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, family practitioners also put focus on preventative care with routine checkups, tests and personalized coaching on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Edwards possesses immense general knowledge on maintaining health and today, family practitioners provide more care for the underserved and rural populations than any other medical specialty.
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
- Gene expression profiles associated with inflammation, fibrosis, and cholestasis in mouse liver after griseofulvin.
- Hepatic gene expression in protoporphyic Fech mice is associated with cholestatic injury but not a marked depletion of the heme regulatory pool.
- Neonatal tamoxifen treatment of mice leads to adenomyosis but not uterine cancer.
- Association of gene expression with sequential proliferation, differentiation and tumor formation in murine skin.
- Multiple polymorphic loci determine basal hepatic and splenic iron status in mice.
- Essential role of the AH receptor in the dysfunction of heme metabolism induced by 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin.
- Metabolic profiling of transgenic adenocarcinoma of mouse prostate (TRAMP) tissue by 1H-NMR analysis: evidence for unusual phospholipid metabolism.
Dr. Richard Earl Edwards M.D.'s Practice location
Lake Charles, LA 70601Get Direction
Jennings, LA 70546Get Direction
Dr. Richard Earl Edwards M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Edwards
- Marshal l.
- An Appendectomy for Appendicitis
Appendicitis is the inflammation of the appendix, a tube-like extension attached to the large intestine. The appendix has no known function, but one thing for certain is that one can live without it with no apparent consequences.Appendicitis is a life and death kind of matter and should be treated...
- Guaifenesin Drug Interactions
What is guaifenesin?It is an expectorant. It helps to cough out mucus through the mouth. It is known to reduce chest congestion caused by infections, common cold or allergies, respiratory illnesses, and bronchitis. It is not used to treat cough caused by smoking and long-term breathing problems....
- Why Do the Benefits Outweigh the Risks of Circumcision?
Male circumcision has been a highly debated topic with arguments both for and against it. Various religious and traditional practices across the globe favor circumcision. However, there are also large sections of the population in other parts of the world where circumcision is not recommended by...
- Is My Diarrhea Caused by Irritable Bowel Syndrome?
What is irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)?Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a common gut disorder. Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is unlike inflammatory bowel disease and differs from other bowel conditions. It is a group of several symptoms such as abdominal pain, bloating, cramping, constipation,...
- What Is Vistaril Used For?
What is Vistaril (hydroxyzine)?Vistaril is a medication used to reduce central nervous system activity. It is an antihistamine drug that can help reduce the effects of histamine in the body and relieve symptoms of allergy, such as histamine-induced itch, hives, and contact dermatitis.Vistaril is...
- Gastroenteritis in Children: Signs of Dehydration
Gastroenteritis is an intestinal infection that is caused by poorly prepared foods, contaminated water, etc. It can cause diarrhea, nausea, headache, and vomiting.What causes it?Gastro is caused by viruses. They include:• Rotavirus• AdenovirusHow is the gastroenteritis virus passed?Children can...
- Dr. Todd Allen Peavy MD1920 W Sale Rd Lake Charles LA 70605
- Dr. Steve F Springer MD601 Dr Michael Debakey Dr Lake Charles LA 70601
- Dr. Michael K Seep M.D.401 Dr Michael Debakey Dr Lake Charles LA 70601
- Dr. Bryan Barootes MD1525 Oak Park Blvd Lake Charles LA 70601
- Dr. Jennifer Lynn Pippin M.D.1525 Oak Park Blvd Lake Charles LA 70601
- Dr. Stephen C Ayers MD929 West Prien Lake Road Lake Charles LA 70605