Dr. Stuart Bowers is a urologist practicing in Peoria, IL. Dr. Bowers specializes in diseases of the urinary tract and the male reproductive system. This includes areas of the bladder, urethra, kidneys, penis and prostate. Urology is a surgical specialty and requires knowledge in other areas of expertise such as gynecology and internal medicine due to the variety of clinical problems that are involved.
Education and Training
Rush Med Coll of Rush Univ, Chicago Il 1983
Rush Medical College of Rush University Medical Center 1983
UrologyAmerican Board of UrologyABU
- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (bph)
- Kidney Stones
- Urinary Incontinence
- Vaginal Prolapse
- Enlarged Prostate
- Stress Incontinence
- Urinary Tract Infection (uti)
- Loyola University Medical Center Program
Dr. Stuart L Bowers MD's Practice location
Peoria, IL 61614Get Direction
COLUMBUS, OH 43228Get Direction
Dr. Stuart L Bowers MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Bowers
- Trichomoniasis: What You Need to Know
What is trichomoniasis?Trichomoniasis or "trich" is a common infection of the reproductive organs. It spreads by sexual contact with the infected person. For this reason, it is a type of sexually transmitted infection (STI). Women are invariably at greater risk. However, the infection is not...
- Treatments For Prostate Cancer
Treatment for Prostate CancerSince prostate cancer is a very dangerous infection, there is need to consider a number of factors before treating the condition. Prostate cancer is an infection that does not cause any immediate effects to the patient. However, when the infection develops, it may spread...
- When Should I Get Checked for Prostate Cancer?
When Should I Get Checked For Prostate Cancer?Prostate cancer is more likely to occur in men aged between forty and seventy years. It is therefore important to be aware of the signs and symptoms of prostate cancer. Symptoms warrant a visit to the doctor as soon as possible.Deciding on whether or not...
- Urine Culture and Sensitivity Test: What Is It?
Urine Culture and Sensitivity TestA urine culture is a laboratory test that can identify specific types of germs that cause urinary tract infections. A urinary tract infection occurs when bacteria enter the urinary system through the urethra. Bacteria can rapidly grow and multiply, and cause an...
- Leukocyte Esterase Test
Leukocyte Esterase Urine TestLeukocyte esterase (LE) is an esterase produced by white blood cells (WBCs) or leukocytes. A leukocyte esterase test is a urine test used to detect the presence of white blood cells and other health conditions associated with infection.Normally, leukocyte esterase...
- Is Prostate Cancer Asymptomatic?
What is prostate cancer?The prostate is a small gland located close to the bladder that produces prostatic fluid in men. This gland is responsible in the working of the male reproductive system. Prostate cancer is therefore a cancer that affects the prostate gland, causing growth of malignant cells...
- Dr. Joseph J. Banno M.D.7309 N KNOXVILLE AVE PEORIA IL 61614
- Dr. Anita Sabharwal MD7309 N Knoxville Ave Peoria IL 61614
- Dr. Michael E Longevin MD5401 N Knoxville Ave Peoria IL 61614
- Dr. Giovanni Colombo M.D.7309 N Knoxville Ave Peoria IL 61614
- Dr. Robert Stuart M.D.7309 N Knoxville Ave Peoria IL 61614
- Dr. Sophia Drinis MD7309 N. Knoxville Ave. Peoria IL 61614