Dr. Theodore Obenchain practices Neurological Surgery in Rapid City, SD. As a Neurological Surgeon, Dr. Obenchain prevents, diagnoses, evaluates, and treats disorders of the autonomic, peripheral, and central nervous systems. Neurological Surgeons are trained to treat such disorders as spinal canal stenosis, herniated discs, tumors, fractures, and spinal deformities, among many others.
Education and Training
Univ of Ut Sch of Med, Salt Lake Cty Ut 1962
Neurological SurgeryAmerican Board of Neurological SurgeryABNS
- Speculum lumbar extraforaminal microdiscectomy.
- Laparoscopic lumbar discectomy: case report.
- Outpatient laparoscopic lumbar discectomy: description of technique and review of first twenty-one cases.
- Continuous pressure monitoring in experimental obstructive hydrocephalus. I. The dynamics of acute ventricular obstruction.
- Continuous pressure monitoring in experimental obstructive hydrocephalus. II. The origin of undulating ventricular waves and periodic respirations.
- Head bobbing associated with a cyst of the third ventricle. Case report.
- Chronic bilateral subdural hematoma of infancy: clinical and radiographic follow-up of six cases.
- Abscess formation in a Rathke's cleft cyst. Case report.
- Pneumoencephalography. Comparison of complications in 100 pediatric and 100 adult cases.
- Complication rate of selective cerebral angiography in infants and children. A comparison with a similar adult series.
- Blindness following relief of increased intracranial pressure. A sequel to severe papilledema.
- Transperitoneal laparoscopic approach to lumbar discectomy.
- Laparoscopic lumbar discectomy: description of transperitoneal and
- Ucla Med Ctr, Neurological Surgery; Mem Sloan-Kettering Cancer Ctr, Flexible Or Transitional Year; Nyu Hospitals Center, Flexible Or Transitional Year
Dr. Theodore G Obenchain MD's Practice location
Rapid City, SD 57701Get Direction
Dr. Theodore G Obenchain MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Obenchain
- Scoliosis Pain: Treatment, Management, and Exercises
Scoliosis is a serious condition that often occurs more in females than in males. The condition itself can be hard to diagnose at the start, which is why the healthcare professional will subject the patient to several tests, including asking them to touch their toes as well as to find out if their...
- Laminectomy: Reasons for Having One and the Risks It Involves
What Is a Laminectomy?A laminectomy is a kind of surgery whose aim is to decompress the spinal cord. The lamina (the bone that constitutes spinal‘s vertebral arch) and bone spurs are removed during the operation. Both the lamina and bone spurs can compress your spinal cord leading to:...
- What Is Oromandibular Dystonia?
Oromandibular DystoniaOromandibular dystonia is a type of focal dystonia. This condition is also called cranial dystonia, in which the face, jaw, or tongue forcefully contracts and becomes difficult to open and close the mouth. Thus, a person's speech and ability to chew are affected. Cranial...
- What Is a Transorbital Lobotomy?
Transorbital LobotomyTransorbital lobotomy was once considered as a form of neurosurgery that was labeled as "insane". A pioneer in this field was a Portuguese doctor named António Egas Moniz. He introduced frontal lobotomy in 1935 for certain cases of psychosis and won a Nobel Prize because of...
- Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Parkinson’s Disease: It Isn't EasyTony led a normal life just like many of us. He was approaching his fifth to sixth decade, and he was the head of an engineering department--capable of making decisions and recalling those decisions. But suddenly, communication with his wife and children was...
- What Is a Cervical Laminectomy?
A cervical laminectomy is performed to relieve the compression of the spinal cord and nerves around your neck. This is achieved by making the spinal canal wider, creating more space for your nerves. A part of the protruding bone or the lamina is either removed or trimmed during this procedure. The...
- Dr. Stuart Glen Rice M.D.4141 5th St Rapid City SD 57701
- Dr. Terence R. Lichtor M.D.1725 W Harrison St Chicago IL 60612
- Dr. Francisco Sanchez2805 5th St Rapid City SD 57701
- Dr. Edward L Seljeskog M.D.4141 5th St Rapid City SD 57701
- Dr. Marius Maxwell M.D.4141 5th St Rapid City SD 57701
- Dr. Mark S Monasky MD900 E Broadway Ave Bismarck ND 58501