Dr. Afaque Akhtar is an internist practicing in Fuquay Varina, NC. Dr. Akhtar specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Akhtar provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Education and Training
Dow Med College University Of Karachi Pakistan MD
Karachi Medical and Dental College
Karachi Medical and Dental College 1989
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- High Blood Pressure (hypertension)
- Opiate Dependence
- Peripheral Artery Disease (pad)
- Vascular Disease
- N Shore Univ Hp-Forest Hills, Internal Medicine
- NSLIJHS/Hofstra North Shore-LIJ School of Medicine at North Shore University Hospital Program
Dr. Afaque Akhtar M.D.'s Practice location
Fuquay Varina, NC 27526Get Direction
Dr. Afaque Akhtar M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Akhtar
- Laryngitis: What Is Croup?
What is laryngitis?Laryngitis is the swelling of your voice box. It is often caused by an infection, mostly by a virus. The voice box is also known as the larynx. It links the back of your throat to the windpipe. The vocal cord and larynx are part and parcel and are required for speech. Laryngitis...
- Health Benefits of Biotin
What is biotin?Biotin is a water-soluble vitamin also known as vitamin B7. This vitamin is critical for an organism's growth and development. It also serves as a coenzyme of carboxylase enzymes and is involved in the metabolism of carbohydrates, fatty acids, and amino acids. Biotin is required to...
- Low-Density Lipoprotein
IntroductionTo maintain good health, balanced cholesterol levels are quite important. The liver is an organ that detoxifies drugs and other foreign substances. It also stores glycogen, which the body utilizes for energy. Other important functions of the liver include metabolizing carbohydrates,...
- Is Syphilis an STD?
What is an STD?Sexually transmitted disease, or commonly known as STD, is a type of disease that gets transmitted through sexual contact. AIDS caused by the HIV virus is a primary example of a sexually transmitted disease. Most STDs do not have any obvious symptoms at the beginning, aside from the...
- Why do I have Chronic Fatigue?
“People often come to doctors because of chronic tiredness. It is one of the most common complaints that bring them to the doctor”, says J. Fred Ralston Jr., MD, an internist practicing in western Tennessee and past president of the American College of Physicians. Ralston adds that there are...
- Pleurisy vs. Bronchitis: Differences and Similarities
What is pleurisy?Pleurisy is a condition, in which the lining that surrounds the lungs and the interior of the chest cavity is inflamed. Due to the inflammation of the pleura, this condition is also called as pleuritis. The pleural space is the space between the lungs and the chest cavity wall....
- Dr. Vester Walker M.D.301 Versailles Dr Cary North Carolina 27511
- Mr. David V. Meehan DO45 Shotwell Road Clayton North Carolina 27520
- Dr. Mamatha Ramaswamy M.D.1515 South West Cary Parkway Cary North Carolina 27511-6233
- Dr. Susan Lawrence Crittenden MD530 New Waverly Pl Cary NC 27511
- Dr. Sujatha Raman MD530 New Waverly Pl Cary NC 27511
- Dr. Scott Carter Bilbro MD530 New Waverly Pl Cary NC 27511