Dr. Lori Dyer practices Pediatric Urology in Yorktown Heights, NY. Pediatric urologists treat young patients who suffer from an illness or disease of the genitals or urinary tract, including the kidneys, ureters, bladder. As a pediatric urologist, Dr. Dyer is a surgeon who diagnoses, treats, and manages voiding disorders, vesicoureteral reflux, and urinary tract infections that require surgery. Some procedures that Dr. Dyer performs include surgical reconstruction of the urinary tract, hypospadias, and disorders of sex development; surgery for groin conditions in childhood; evaluation and surgical management of kidney stone disease; and surgical management of tumors and malignancies of the kidney, bladder, and testis.
Education and Training
Albany Medical College MD
UrologyAmerican Board of UrologyABU- Pediatric Urology
- Problems with Urination
- Wetting (Day and Night)
- Neurogenic Bladder
- Abnormal urination, frequency, painful urination, blood in urine
- Spina bifida complications
- Prenatal diagnosis of urinary obstructions (hydronephrosis)
- Stones in Urinary Tract
- Trauma/Injury to any part of the urogenital system
- Disorders of Sexual differntiation (Intersex disorders)
- Kidney (cystic kidney diseases, malformations, obstructions)
- Tumors and cancer (absent kidney, duplication anomalies, horshoe kidney, hydronephrosis, pelvic kidney, reflux, stones)
- Ureters (blockages, duplication anomalies, hydronephrosis, megaureters, reflux, stones, stictures)
- Bladder (diverticulum, exstrophy and epispadias, obstruction, reflux, tumors and cancer)
- Penis (abnormal development, abnormal urinary stream, adhesions, chordee, circumcision, epispadias, hidden penis, hypospadias, injury, meatal stenosis, micropenis, newborn cicumcision, phimosis, webbed penis)
- Testis and groin (absent testis, epididymitis, hernias, hydroceles, infections, retractile testes, spermatoceles, pain, torsion, undescended, varicoceles)
- Female Genital Disorders (abnormal development, labial adhesions, urinary and genital birth defects)
- Med College
- LIJ/ Albert Einstein 2006
Experience & Accolades
- ResidencyNew York Medical College
Dr. Lori Dyer MD's Practice location
Yorktown Heights, NY 10598Get Direction
TARRYTOWN, NY 10591Get Direction
Stamford, CT 06905Get Direction
Norwalk, CT 06851Get Direction
Dr. Lori Dyer MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Hydrocele Repair?
Hydrocele repair is a surgical process that aims to correct the swelling of the scrotum that occurs as a result of hydroceles. A hydrocele is a painless buildup of fluid around the testicles. Fluid buildup causes the scrotum and the groin area to swell. This swelling can make you uncomfortable even...
- What to Expect After a Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy is a type of surgery that aims to correct the swelling that occurs in the scrotum. This procedure is done to repair a hydrocele.What is a hydrocele?A hydrocele is a fluid-filled sac that is located around the testicles. The accumulation of fluid in the testicles is common, especially...
- Causes and Helpful Tips for Enuresis (Bedwetting)
What is enuresis?Enuresis, also called nocturnal enuresis, is the medical term for bedwetting or urinating during sleep. Bedwetting is usually part of a child’s development. It is fairly common among children and is slightly more common in boys.Most children outgrow bedwetting without any...
- Understanding Hernia and Hernia Surgery
Feeling pain and swelling in the groin region can be a very unpleasant experience, especially when the pain gets worse when you cough or lift heavy objects. Experiencing these symptoms might signify the presence of groin hernia. A groin hernia is usually referred to in medical terms as an inguinal...
- What Is The Point of a Circumcision?
What Is The Point of a Circumcision?Circumcision is one of the oldest social and cultural practices of man. Its origin is not known, but centuries of the removal of the foreskin has been practiced by many communities. Different communities hold various beliefs concerning circumcision.Some consider...
- What Is an Orchiopexy Surgery?
Orchiopexy is a surgical procedure that corrects the position of undescended testicles inside the scrotum. Orchiopexy is performed to male children to correct cryptorchidism, a medical term used for any undescended testicles. Orchiopexy can also be performed to male adults or adolescents, which may...
- Dr. Jordan S Gitlin MD247 ROUTE 100 SOMERS NY 10589
- Dr. Israel Franco MD334 Underhill Ave Yorktown Heights NY 10598
- Dr. Edward F Reda MD150 WHITE PLAINS RD TARRYTOWN NY 10591
- Dr. Richard Schlussel MD150 WHITE PLAINS RD TARRYTOWN NY 10591
- Dr. Sarah Marie Lambert MD5 PERRYRIDGE RD GREENWICH CT 06830
- Dr. Warren D Bromberg MDMount Kisco Medical Group Pc Mount Kisco NY 10549