Dr. Nirupama Kannikeswaran MD
PediatricianChildrens Hospital Mi Emergency Med 3901 Beaubien Er Dep Detroit MI, 48201
Dr. Nirupama Kannikeswaran is a pediatrician practicing in Detroit, MI. Dr. Kannikeswaran is a doctor who specializes in the health care of children. As a pedicatrician, Dr. Kannikeswaran diagnoses and treats infections, injuries, diseases and other disorders in children. Pediatricians typically work with infants, children, teenagers and young adults up to age 21. They practice medical care as well as preventative health care. Dr. Kannikeswaran can oversee and manage the physical, mental and emotional health of their patients.
Education and Training
Kilpauk Med Coll, Dr M G R Med Univ, Madras, Tn, India 1993
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
- Wayne St Univ-Detroit M C, Pediatric Emergency Medicine-Pediatrics; Wayne St Univ-Detroit M C, Pediatrics
Dr. Nirupama Kannikeswaran MD's Practice location
Detroit, MI 48201Get Direction
Dr. Nirupama Kannikeswaran MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Kannikeswaran
- Is There a Relationship Between Autism and Vaccinations?
What the research showsSeveral studies have been carried out among children and adults to try and establish if there really is a link between the two, but the largest of them all was recently published in the Journal of the American Medical Association.The study was conducted to establish any link...
- Is Shingles Contagious? How Do You Get Shingles?
Shingles is a contagious viral infection that is caused by the varicella zoster virus, the same virus that causes chickenpox. This virus affects a particular nerve section, causing painful rashes on the skin connected to that particular nerve. The rash normally appears in a form of a band on any...
- Facts About Meningitis Vaccines
IntroductionThe only way to prevent serious and life-threatening diseases such as meningitis is through vaccination. Meningitis can also be caused by viral, bacterial, and fungal infections. The infection usually affects the meninges or membranes that enclose the brain and spinal cord. Although...
- Understanding Intellectual Disability in Children
What is intellectual disability?Intellectual disability was once called mental retardation. It is characterized by the lack of skills or mental ability needed for everyday living. Individuals with intellectual disabilities have below-average intelligence but are able to learn new skills at a...
- The Keto Diet for Weight Loss
The ketogenic diet is a high-fat, low-carb, adequate-protein diet that was designed by Dr. Russell Wilder in 1924. It became popular then for its effectiveness not only in treating epilepsy but in weight loss. After a few years, the popularity of the ketogenic diet began to wane as new...
- Why Do the Benefits Outweigh the Risks of Circumcision?
Male circumcision has been a highly debated topic with arguments both for and against it. Various religious and traditional practices across the globe favor circumcision. However, there are also large sections of the population in other parts of the world where circumcision is not recommended by...
- Dr. Lorette N. Haddad MD10645 W Warren Ave Dearborn Michigan 48126
- Dr. Usha Sethuraman MDChildrens Hospital Mi Emergency Med Detroit MI 48201
- Dr. Sudershan K Grover MDChildrens Hospital Mi Emergency Med Detroit MI 48201
- Dr. Kathleen A Mahan MD827 E Division St Cadillac MI 49601
- Dr. Joseph Safar Benjamin MDChildrens Hospital Mi Emergency Med Detroit MI 48201
- Dr. Sheryl Ann Davide-ureta M.D.112 E. John Street Lake City MI 49651