Dr. Jefferson Edward Nelson M.D.
Psychiatrist | Psychiatry1600 W. 38th St. #321 Austin TX, 78731
Dr. Jefferson Nelson is a psychiatrist practicing in Austin, TX. Dr. Nelson is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Nelson diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Nelson may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Nelson treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- Univ Of Co Sch Of Med, Psychiatry; Baylor Coll Of Med, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- Colo Med Ctr
Dr. Jefferson Edward Nelson M.D.'s Practice location
Austin, TX 78731Get Direction
Dr. Jefferson Edward Nelson M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Nelson
- Shortness of Breath and Panic Attacks
A panic attack is the most well-known symptom of a panic disorder. Oftentimes, panic attacks come unexpectedly and are usually accompanied by various frightening physical sensations, including hyperventilation or shortness of breath. They are sudden periods of intense fear and anxiety. Panic attacks...
- Helping a Loved One Cope with Depression
Depression is a serious mood disorder that can really change the way people live their life. However, depression can be treated with the help and support of people who truly care about the welfare of a person who is depressed. Most people who frequently feel depressed need intervention and treatment...
- What Is Obsessive Compulsive Disorder?
Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) is an anxiety disorder characterized by obsessive, unreasonable thoughts, and repetitive, compulsive behaviors. The recurring thoughts and fears, called obsessions, leads to the need to repetitively perform certain actions, called compulsions, that would help in...
- Social Anxiety Disorder: Causes, Symptoms, Treatments and More
Social Anxiety Disorder, also known as social phobia, is a type of anxiety disorder in which a person feels excessively fearful of social situations. A person suffering from this disorder lack social skills and has trouble meeting new people, talking to people, and attending social gatherings. They...
- Everything You Need to Know About Anxiety Disorder
It’s quite normal to feel nervous and have butterflies in your stomach before going to a job interview, a blind date or making an important decision. This anxiousness is body’s natural response to stress and danger. It is an automatic alarm that rings when you feel threatened, under pressure, or...
- What Behaviors Indicate Binge Eating Disorder?
Knowing the warning signs of an eating disorder is important, since the early detection of an existing or developing eating disorder will give a sufferer the help he or she needs sooner. Detecting the warning signs may not always be easy. When someone has an eating disorder, they usually feel...
- Dr. Ghulam Mustafa Khan M.D.56 East Ave Austin TX 78701
- Dr. James M. Hageman MD3724 Jefferson St Austin TX 78731
- Dr. Samuel Gary Lusk MD1001 South Capital of Texas Hwy., austin, Texas Austin TX 78746
- Dr. Peter Joseph Pelogitis MD8700 Manchaca Road Austin TX 78748
- Dr. Ghadeer A Okayli MD1600 W 38th St Austin TX 78731
- Dr. Michael Musgrove MD1717 Interstate 35 Frontage Rd Round Rock Texas 78664