John Kangas is a physical therapist practicing in Santa Barbara, CA. John Kangas specializes in physical treatment to help a patient reduce pain, restore mobility, rehabilitate an injury, or increase movement and overall function. As a physical therapist, John Kangas can treat multiple conditions with exercises, ultrasound, electrical stimulation, joint mobilization, heat, ice, massage, laser or light therapy and more. John Kangas will create a treatment plan based on the patients specific injury or condition, and might target a specific body part or body system based on the individual.
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
John A. Kangas MPT's Practice location
Santa Barbara, CA 93105Get Direction
John A. Kangas MPT's reviewsWrite Review
- Occupational Therapy vs. Physical Therapy
Therapy is synonymous with treatment, which means that it is a course of action taken to correct a particular health problem. As with other fields, there are different approaches to therapy such as occupational and physical therapy. They are both recognized professions and the practitioners must be...
- Is Multiple Sclerosis Genetic?
Multiple Sclerosis is a complex disease that can be caused by several factors; genetic structure is one of them. Several genes are thought to play a role in the development of MS. If any of a close relative, such as a sibling or a parent, has this disease, your chance of developing MS is slightly...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- Plantar Fasciitis: Treatment and Therapy for Plantar Fasciitis
Meaning of Plantar FasciitisOne of the most common causes of heel pain is called plantar fasciitis. A flat band of ligament or tissue connects the heel bone to the toes. This ligament is called the plantar fascia, which also provides support to the arch of the foot. If the plantar fascia is...
- Do I Have Turf Toe?
If you are a sports person, particularly a football player, this term will ring a bell. It is very common among players in a variety of sports, including basketball, gymnastics, and soccer, as well as in dance forms, like ballet. Turf toe refers to the nagging pain caused by the ligament sprain...
- What Is Tetrocalcaneal Bursitis?
Bursitis is a condition that affects the bursa causing inflammation and pain. This infection causes the bursa to be swollen and cause pain to the area. A bursa is a type of sac that is located in between joints in the body. This might be in the bones, muscles, or tendons. It contains a fluid called...
- Ryan L Yamada P.T.5152 Hollister Ave Santa Barbara CA 93111
- Mrs. Cathy Neushul PTUniversity Of California Santa Barbara Santa Barbara CA 93106
- Marsha Lee Mcintire P.T.3710 State St Santa Barbara CA 93105
- Mary Katherine Colson M.P.T.2320 Calle Real Santa Barbara CA 93105
- Michael Anthony Mocny P. T.3040 State St Santa Barbara CA 93105
- Mara Gabhriel Berman D.P.T.2921 De La Vina St Santa Barbara CA 93105