Dr. Lewis H Semel earned his M.D. from Emory University School of Medicine in Atlanta, Georgia. He completed his Internal Medicine internship and residency training at Northwestern Memorial Hospital in Chicago, Illinois. Dr. Semel is an assistant professor of medicine at the Florida Atlantic University Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine. He is certified in Internal Medicine by the American Board of Internal Medicine. We provide primary health care with the highest standards of quality and service through professional, friendly and personalized attention. Dr. Semel helps patients achieve health using a whole food plant based diet, exercise, lifestyle counseling and medications when necessary.From the time you make your appointment until you walk out the door, our staff will treat you like family to ensure you have had the best possible experience in our practice. Now accepting new patients. Most insurances are accepted.
Education and Training
Emory University MD 1992
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Affiliate Assistant Professor FAU Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine 2014 - 2017
- McGaw Med Ctr Of Northwestern, Internal Medicine
- Boca Raton Regional Hospital ( Boca Raton, FL )
Dr. Lewis Howard Semel M.D.'s Practice location
Boca Raton, FL 33486Get Direction
Boca Raton, FL 33431Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Lewis Howard Semel M.D. | Internist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Lewis Howard Semel M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Semel
- Exercise Can Benefit a Child's Academic Abilities
A new review of studies shows that physical activity and exercise may help children to perform better in academics. According to the researchers physical activity improves the functioning of the brain and enhances thinking skills by increasing blood flow and oxygen to the brain cells. Exercise also...
- What Is Cyanosis and Why Does It Occur?
IntroductionCyanosis is the medical term for a bluish discoloration of the skin, nails, toes, and mucous membranes. It is generally caused by low levels of oxygen in the blood. Normally, blood appears bright red when it is fully oxygenated. However, when blood does not have enough oxygen, it turns...
- Pleurisy vs. Bronchitis: Differences and Similarities
What is pleurisy?Pleurisy is a condition, in which the lining that surrounds the lungs and the interior of the chest cavity is inflamed. Due to the inflammation of the pleura, this condition is also called as pleuritis. The pleural space is the space between the lungs and the chest cavity wall....
- What Is Macerated Skin: Causes and Treatment
What is macerated skin?Maceration usually occurs when the skin comes in contact with moisture for a long period of time. Macerated skin appears white, wrinkly, and soggy. The skin also becomes soft, making it more susceptible to bacterial or fungal infections. In some cases, macerated skin can...
- Different Blood Types and What They Mean
The ABO (A, B, AB, or O) blood group system is used to classify different types of antibodies in the plasma and antigens in the red blood cells (RBCs). The ABO blood group and RhD antigen determine the type of blood that is a perfect match for blood transfusions. The four ABO blood groups are: ...
- What Is Oromandibular Dystonia?
Oromandibular DystoniaOromandibular dystonia is a type of focal dystonia. This condition is also called cranial dystonia, in which the face, jaw, or tongue forcefully contracts and becomes difficult to open and close the mouth. Thus, a person's speech and ability to chew are affected. Cranial...
- Dr. Gladys Rosa Martinez DO1001 Northwest 13th Street Boca Raton Florida 33486
- Dr. Douglas M. Weissman MD10167 NW 31st Street Coral Springs Florida 33065
- Dr. David Neuman M.D.4800 Linton Blvd Delray Florida 33445
- Dr. Aurea R. Tomeski M.D.899 Meadows Road Boca Raton Florida 33486
- Dr. Kumar Rajagopalan MD3816 Hollywood Boulevard Hollywood Florida 3302
- Dr. Maria S. Wozniak MD900 North West 13th Street Boca Raton Florida 33486