Dr. Donald J. Hillebrand M.D.
Hepatologist | Hepatology10666 N Torrey Pines Rd La Jolla CA, 92037
Dr. Donald Hillebrand is a hepatologist practicing in La Jolla, CA. Dr. Hillebrand specializes in the study of body parts such as the liver, the biliary tree, the gallbladder and the pancreas. Hepatologists manage disorders in these areas and are specifically known for treating viral hepatitis. Patients who have received liver transplants also follow up with hepatologists after their procedure.
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Gastroenterology
- Volume of procedures at transplantation centers and mortality after liver transplantation.
- Spontaneous Bacterial Peritonitis.
- Fatal spontaneous gallbladder variceal bleeding in a patient with alcoholic cirrhosis.
- Inhibited proliferation of cyclooxygenase-2 expressing human hepatoma cells by NS-398, a selective COX-2 inhibitor.
- Nephrogenic fibrosing dermopathy after liver transplantation successfully treated with plasmapheresis.
- Charcoal-based hemodiabsorption liver support for episodic type C hepatic encephalopathy.
- Clinical significance of elevated alpha-fetoprotein (AFP) in patients with chronic hepatitis C, but not hepatocellular carcinoma.
- Clinical presentation of chronic hepatitis C in patients with end-stage renal disease and on hemodialysis versus those with normal renal function.
- Factors associated with hepatic fibrosis in patients with chronic hepatitis C: a retrospective study of a large cohort of U.S. patients.
Dr. Donald J. Hillebrand M.D.'s Practice location
La Jolla, CA 92037Get Direction
DES MOINES, IA 50309Get Direction
Dr. Donald J. Hillebrand M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Hillebrand
- Is Hepatitis B Contagious?
The hepatitis virus is one of the liver’s greatest enemies. It causes infections that can severely malfunction the liver, resulting in various conditions like scarring of the liver, liver failure, or even liver cancer. The hepatitis viruses have three types, namely, A, B, and C. While all three...
- What Are the Causes and Symptoms of Liver Cirrhosis?
Cirrhosis is attributed to an abnormal condition which causes a scarring of the liver that damages the functioning of the liver considerably. There are a number of factors that can result in the cirrhosis of the liver such as consuming excessive alcohol, viral hepatitis, other liver disease and so...
- Can Liver Diseases Lead to Liver Cancer?
What is a liver disease?Liver disease refers to medical complications that cause the liver to be damaged, making it unable to perform its functions properly. The liver is among the most valuable and life-sustaining organs in the body. The reason is that it carries out many important functions that...
- Can I Live with Liver Cancer?
You can still live a happy and healthy life even if you have liver cancer. Liver cancer is a very deadly disease, and sometimes, it becomes very hard to treat it, especially in its advanced stages. In such cases, you don’t have to worry at all. You can receive your treatment according to your...
- Is Cirrhosis of the Liver a form of Cancer?
The liver is a vital and also, the largest organ in the human body. Its large size is a clear indication of the many roles it plays in the human body.Some of its functions include:...
- How Alcohol Abuse Can Influence Liver Cancer
Alcohol, what really is alcohol? From the scientific point of view, it is an organic compound. In this case, we look at it as a beverage made through the process of sugar fermentation. Alcohol can be highly intoxicating. Alcohol abuse entails the recurrent and harmful usage of alcohol.Alcohol abuse...
- Dr. Tommy Yu-do Yen M.D.2929 Health Center Dr San Diego CA 92123
- Dr. Bahar Madani MD1411 N Beckley Ave Dallas TX 75203
- Prof. Tarek I. Hassanein M.D.230 Prospect Pl Coronado CA 92118
- Dr. Preeti A. Reshamwala MD22 S Greene St Baltimore MD 21201
- Dr. Arthur Wei Yan M.DUCSD Medical Center Dept of Medicine San Diego CA 92103
- Dr. Catherine T. Frenette M.D.6550 Fannin St Houston TX 77030