Dr. James Shanahan is an obstetrician-gynecologist practicing in Middletown, NY. Dr. Shanahan specializes in women's health, particularly the female reproductive system, pregnancy and childbirth. As an obstetrician-gynecologist, or OB-GYN, Dr. Shanahan can treat a number of health issues related to the vagina, uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes and breasts. Dr Shanahan can also treat women during pregnancy, labor, childbirth and the postpartum period. In this specialty, doctors focus on reproductive care from puberty through adulthood.
Education and Training
Ny Coll Of Osteo Med Of Ny Inst Of Tech- Old Westbury Ny 1986
New York College of Osteopathic Medicine / New York Institute of Technology 1986
- Long Island Coll Hosp, Obstetrics And Gynecology
- Long Island College Hospital
Dr. James A Shanahan D.O.'s Practice location
Middletown, NY 10941Get Direction
Warwick, NY 10990Get Direction
Dr. James A Shanahan D.O.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Cloudy Urine During Pregnancy
Our body is like a machine that has parts with significant functions to perform. However, sometimes, there could occur some forms of abnormalities in the urine that could indicate the presence of a disease or other underlying medical conditions. Normal urine should appear clear or with a straw...
- The Benefits and Risks of an IUD
What is an intrauterine device or IUD?An intrauterine device or IUD is a tiny, T-shaped birth control device. It is basically a plastic device, which is wrapped in copper. It also contains certain hormones. An IUD is inserted into the uterus by a doctor. There is a plastic string tied to the end of...
- Does My Heavy Menstruation Mean I Have Fibroids?
Heavy periods are very common, and for most cases, the real cause is unknown. However, fibroids and endometriosis have proven to be the primary contributors. There are multiple ways to alleviate heavy periods and effectively managing them. Options include surgical operations, IUD, and the use of...
- What Is a PUPPP Rash?
IntroductionA PUPPP rash, also known as pruritic urticarial papules and plaques of pregnancy, is a skin condition wherein pregnant women get a hives-like rash on their skin. These rashes or bumps are itchy and usually appear on the stomach or stretch marks during pregnancy, especially in the third...
- What are the Treatment Options for Polycystic Ovary Syndrome?
Polycystic ovary syndrome, or PCOS, is a hormonal disorder in women that may cause menstrual problems and issues with pregnancy. It is caused by imbalance of reproductive hormones which create problems in the ovaries. As a part of healthy menstrual cycle each month the ovaries release an egg. With...
- Stress Can Cause Infertility
A study published in the journal, Fertility and Sterility, adds evidence to the fact that stress may reduce the chances of getting pregnant. Women who had higher levels of stress-related enzyme, alpha amylase, were less likely to conceive, reports the study. This is the first study to present a...
- Dr. Daniel Warren Levine M.D.75 Crystal Run Road Middletown NY 10941
- Dr. Florence Jean-Louis MD60 Jefferson Street Monticello New York 12701
- Dr. Gbolagade O Babalola DO1601 N 2nd St Millville NJ 08332
- Dr. Sema Bank M.D.401a S Van Brunt St Englewood NJ 07631
- Dr. Morris Jay Wexler D.O.9 Hudson Valley Professional Plz Newburgh NY 12550
- Dr. Lezode Kipoliongo MD95 Crystal Run Rd Middletown NY 10941